New guy!

Onefastls1

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking the forums for a bit, and I figured I should finally join up. What a wealth of information!

I've always had a soft spot for lights. I upgrade EVERYTHING that could prove useful, but never really got into it as a hobby... Until now.

I've tried doing a couple things with my maglites, bought a few decent led lights here and there, and until recently- I thought they were pretty darned bight... Until I got my hands on an Inova Inforce 9VX.

All I have to say is WOW!

After I get more accustomed to it, I think I shall do a write up on it. Seems to be an excellent torch, and so far- I love it!

One thing that bothers me about it is that, in the instruction manual, it says you can change the starting output from high to low. So instead of starting on high output when you turn it on, it will start on low mode. For some reason, I cant get it to change as the instructions read.

Other than that, its darn nice! Better than most spotlights I have owned!

I also ordered the entire TerraLux line of flashlights, thanks to the promotion going on, I might let everyone know about those as well, since I haven't really found good reviews on them.

By the way- if anyone is looking for cheap, reliable led lights, Black and Decker has a couple that work great! I work security, and we have been passing around the $15 B&D spotlight for about a month. No electricity at the place, so its used quite often. I haven't even had to replace the batteries yet. The hot spot is nice and tight, with plenty of spill to see your way around. The range is VERY nice!
:twothumbs
And the "clip light" for $10 makes a great edc for someone on a tight budget. Momentary tailcap switch, durable, fairly bright, and runs on AA batteries. Although not "bright" compared to cpf standards, still brighter than most things out there in this price range.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I'm always looking for cheap led torches to play with, so I figured I would share my experiences with everyone, and hopefully learn something in the process.

Thanks everyone!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

I have a thing for Inova's...I like there designs and they were one of the better American Mfg's. Since being aquired by Nite-Ize, they have moved production to China . Inforce (Inova's military branch) broke off from Inova so they could still Mfg. their lights for sale to the Military, so they'res still made in the US. The X2 is a nice light for running off rechargeable AA's (Eneloops/etc.), and Target is the only place I know that regularly stocks Inova's. Your 9VX sounds like the Inforce version, prior to Inova being acquired by Nite-Ize. The 24/7 is a nice light as well.

Lot's of info here and brains to be picked...again, welcome!