Do I have the new 110 lumen E1B?

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I decided to finally get me a E1B. If this question has been asked I'm sorry. I picked one up for $119.99 on ebay. Seller has 2059 transactions 99.7% feedback. I wanted to know if when Surefire came out with the newer 110 lumen E1B, did they just put a sticker over the older 80 lumen packaging? There are three places they placed stickers like an overlay over the "80" lumens with a "110" lumens sticker in the front and the back and the "New Dual Output Long Runtime" was covered by a "New Higher Output" sticker. How do I know if I have the 110 lumens one and not the 80 lumen one? I want to make sure it's was maybe altered by the seller, maybe they could pull a fast one on a non-flashaholic, but not this CPFer. I have not open the package, but I'm a little skeptical that it might be phony. Did they have left over printed packaging from the 80 lumen one and then decide not to let the old packaging go to waste and just came up with the little stuckers? Thanks in advance.

surefiree1b.jpg

surefiree1b2.jpg

surefire3.jpg

Craig K

Enlightened
I think those stickers would have been put on by Surefire and I would say you probably have the new 110 lumens model,...I think.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
99% sure you got genuine updated model, that looks real... However, I never got Surefire with sticker like that so that's where 1% goes...

Other than that... down the road I picked up KX2C head... well, complete Scoutlight but KX2C was questionable so I asked Surefire customer service would they be able to identify if I had 120 lumen version or 200 lumen version head, based on serial number... and I got reply that that's impossible... you however have a luck to have a package, even with added stickers... :)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has the stickers. This is actually a common practice for alot of companies that operate the way SF does. When a piece of our military equipment changes internally, we slap a new data-plate on it. AFAIK, the E1B was always 110 lumens, they were just being conservative with their readings when it first came out, but after further tests, they decided to update the readings. The did the same thing with their Lux-V lights when they first came out (rated at 65 first, then at 100, however, the emitter never changed. You got a genuine product...now open that thing and have fun! Hope this helps!

Last edited:

broonzbane

Newly Enlightened
Mine has the stickers. This is actually a common practice for alot of companies that operate the way SF does. When a piece of our military equipment changes internally, we slap a new data-plate on it. AFAIK, the E1B was always 110 lumens, they were just being conservative with their readings when it first came out, but after further tests, they decided to update the readings. The did the same thing with their Lux-V lights when they first came out (rated at 65 first, then at 100, however, the emitter never changed. You got a genuine product...now open that thing and have fun! Hope this helps!

I recall reading that someone in the forum called Surefire and confirmed that this IS indeed the case. The light had always been 110 lumens, but the packaging had been printed with the R&D department's conservative pre-production output estimates.

Is this THE definitive answer? Perhaps not...the question has been debated back and forth for some time. Other forumites have said that other sources at Surefire have stated otherwise: that emitters/electronics had indeed been updated.

I don't think we'll ever really know...but the difference between 80 lm and 110 lm is virtually negligible anyway.

broonzbane

Starchaser

Newly Enlightened
More then likely you have a real 110 lumen SureFire E1B, as other post have stated, and has also been discussed in previous threads here. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Open up that new Backup and enjoy... its a little laser beam of light in the dark! :D

If it puts your mind at ease, just call SureFire and confirm.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Thanks Guys. When I put up this thread this early morning (here in Cali) I could'nt wait and I did end up opening it and it is real nice. Had got it for the wife but I'm keeping this one.