Wild hogs / LED lights

ajl

Newly Enlightened
Brother's residential area (bordered by lots of dense trees) has indications of nightly wild hog visits (like many areas in the South). If you hit them at a distance with the light from a LED flashlight, do their eyes glow red? (The idea is to detect and to avoid them.)

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Their eyes won't glow red necessarily, but light will be reflected back from their eyes, and will look like reflectors like the back of a bicycle, except round. Kinda like a cat's eye. Not that you were planning on using any 1000 lumens XM-L LED light or anything like that to scare them off...right?:devil:

ajl

Newly Enlightened
Their eyes won't glow red necessarily, but light will be reflected back from their eyes, and will look like reflectors like the back of a bicycle, except round. Kinda like a cat's eye. Not that you were planning on using any 1000 lumens XM-L LED light or anything like that to scare them off...right?:devil:

When I'm over at my brother's place, if I encounter them after dark, my first preference would be to light the the way to David's Bar-B-Que just down the street. I'm sure they would be honored guests there.

tempman

Newly Enlightened
I only clicked this thread because I was hoping to talk about the movie wild hogs.....

mbw_151

Enlightened
The most effective light for wild hogs is a Surefire pistol grip weaponlight mounted to the quad rail of a Ar15 with a 6.8 SPC upper. Do I smell bacon?