How good is the olight TC-15 / TC 10 Transformer set?

apurva

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know more about the Olight Transformer set http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-2010-holidayset-transformers.html Looks cool, takes cr123a or AAs which is cool cuz I could swap between a powerful rechargable battery or inexpensive AAs. I think the model numbers are TC-15 and TC-10 (depending upon what battery attachment you are using )

I like the idea of the diffusers, could come in handy while camping / outdoors i think.

Any feedback?

DaveyJones

Newly Enlightened
looks like the titanium version of the regular T series.
i have a T-10 s2 regular and its a good light.
the beam is about 80 degrees, throws about 50yards effectively, hotspot is blurry
and the color tint is slightly greenish, but thats only noticable up close.
it has a forward clicky with momentary on and anodised threads on the tail for lockout.
i like the light, a pet peeve of mine is its lack of tailstand capability.
these titanium ones do seem to have that capability.

ive looked at buying the AA body tube, but the specs put the medium and high very close together,
and with only 3 intensity levels, that kinda sucks so i decided not to buy that.
the specs of this set don't mention a medium, and the low mode is imo
on the high side at 52lm.

the diffusers are cool, but u can get that kinda stuff seperately from fenix.
also u can cut off a finger from a latex medical glove for prettymuch the same effect.

anyways titanium lights are nice, but imo there are better, more usefull lights for the money.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
also u can cut off a finger from a latex medical glove for prettymuch the same effect.
++1 for this... never thought of it before, but just tried it out and it works, works, works! Terrific alternative to having a bulky hard plastic diffuser.

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
What are the benefits of a "forward" clicky, if you can't do "morse code" because it changes modes everytime you actuate it? What is the term I'm looking for . . . Momentary On Switch? I have been searching for "Forward Clicky" but I'm not sure that describes what I need. Oh well, I guess the search continues.

Lithium466

Enlightened
I know Thrunite Archer A1 has a forward clicky, maybe Archer 2A too ? Or Olight T25-T (don't forget the "T" !).

By the way the TC-15/10 has a reverse clicky (at least mine has). Forward clicky usually describes what you are looking for...