Would I look like an idiot if......

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
if I went to the driving range in the middle of the night with a bag full of flashlights?

I thought it'd be a good way to measure their throw, but I don't wanna look like an idiot.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
YES u would lol id even bet they would call cops saying u was insane lol

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you would look like an idiot. I think it's an excellent idea that might result in some killer beam shots.

But don't go with what I say. Go with your instincts.

I like to go outside with a headlamp on. I like to carry a bright red/orange LS light in my left hand and a bright cyan light in my right hand. Then, while making a whooshing sound, I extend my arms straight out and go trotting through the neighborhood like I'm an aero plane.

Empath

Flashaholic
You'd look more like an idiot if you went in the middle of the day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Go for it!!!

Just don't get caught trespassing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Good idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
I like to go outside with a headlamp on. I like to carry a bright red/orange LS light in my left hand and a bright cyan light in my right hand. Then, while making a whooshing sound, I extend my arms straight out and go trotting through the neighborhood like I'm an aero plane.

[/ QUOTE ]

12.gif
Be careful, you might get committed...
megasmile.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahaha
trespassing, that's what i'm worried about.. i'll have to search for a driving range that's open at night, and then somehow convince them to shut all the lights off! or sneak into one undetected.. which, might not be too easy with all the light, haha.

icebreak, trespassing seems to be the least of your worries! haha

and also, i'd wonder if anyone else would summon up the cajones to do it.. 'cause i don't have a very nice collection of lights.. pt40, mitylite 2aa, brinkmann 4 led light and legend lx, and some minimags awaiting mods.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif college budget! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Edit: also, no camera.. i still wanna do it tho! real bad too.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm.....when I was in High School (way back) we had a practice football field next to several other fields, no fences around it either. At night it was pitch black.....no other lights near them. The nice thing was the practice fields were marked enough to get distances. Might look into it and see if you have something like that in your area. Besides, have clip board and some "targets"...try to look as official as possible. The cops may think your nuts...but harmless and either let you continue or just ask you to leave. A golf course may not be so forgiving.

Oooooooh, maybe a cemetary would be cooler. Buwahahahahaha!

Mike

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Ask the owner of the driving range in advance! This very same thought had wandered through my head the other day.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
Be careful, you might get committed...

[/ QUOTE ]
What? Is that wrong? Hmmm. No one has ever said a word to me about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
we still have a drive in theture here well we had one a few years ago i guess it is still here

Ratus

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:

[/ QUOTE ]

What? No Strobe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif