ZebraLight RCR123 question

swampus

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone used a ZebraLight H31w with Battery Station RCR123's (the ones that top off at 4.2 volts)? The ZebraLight website says that they can take RCR's, but it doesn't indicate the maximum voltage.

If not, are there any other ideas? I'm getting an HDS Clicky Tactical 200T and want a small well-regulated multi level floody to go with it (The ability to double as a headlamp is a HUGE plus).

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't used Battery Station batteries, but I use AWs with my 3 different SC31s...and an H31W. Relevant 'cause all my AWs top out at around 4.2V...you should be fine. Works well with my HDS Rotary also.

Incidentally, I love my 6 Zebralights!

swampus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, run4jc! Very helpful. Yeah, I've been using the same batteries in my HDS U-60 for five years! I'm getting ready to order a second batch because I'm sure these nearing the end of their life cycle. I'll start fresh with my new HDS light. This will be my fist ZebraLight, though. It looks pretty cool. I take it that you're happy with yours since you own three?

I haven't used Battery Station batteries, but I use AWs with my 3 different SC31s...and an H31W. Relevant 'cause all my AWs top out at around 4.2V...you should be fine. Works well with my HDS Rotary also.

Incidentally, I love my 6 Zebralights!

mrlysle

Enlightened
I have some Battery Station RCR123's and they work fine. Use them in my HDS 170t, a Nitecore IFE1, and some others. No problems as of yet. They come off my charger at 4.2v if I leave them any extra time after the light turns green, about 4.18 to 4.19 if I grab them immediately. I believe I got the charger they show right under their RCR123's on their website. I just ordered a Pila IBC because I wanted one and all the guys with a whole lot more experience than me here on the forums said it's a good charger for Li-ion. But that little charger from BatteryStation has worked flawlessly for me. Good luck and enjoy!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes indeed. Amidst all the lights I own, the Zebralights are some of my favorites. I really like the interface, the size, the beam - and their neutral tinted versions are perfect for my tastes. They have a tendency to be easily switched on in your pocket, but a fraction of a twist of the tail cap prevents that. Yet, I do like them! 2 Neutral tinted SC31w - 1 SC31 - 1 H501W - 1 SC51W and 1 SC60.

Thanks, run4jc! Very helpful. Yeah, I've been using the same batteries in my HDS U-60 for five years! I'm getting ready to order a second batch because I'm sure these nearing the end of their life cycle. I'll start fresh with my new HDS light. This will be my fist ZebraLight, though. It looks pretty cool. I take it that you're happy with yours since you own three?