Old SF 6P

chris1

Newly Enlightened
Well, I came down here to FL to hang out at my parents condo for a week and play some golf, and I found an old 6P which I had given them a couple of years ago. I think I will reclaim this and replace it with a twin task. I bought that 6P somewhere between 10 and 14 years ago, it still looks new. There's not a scratch on the lens, and just one or two very small nicks on the finish. This light still has one of those "flush" non lockout tailcaps! No website address either! I kind of like the classic look, notwithstanding is also the fact that performance-wise, in terms of light output, there is no difference between this 10 year old light and today's 6P or M2 for that matter. The fact that this light looks almost new after so long is certainly a testament to SF's build quality.

Experiment_626

Newly Enlightened
Kind of like giving yourself a present, heh?
Just out of currosity, were the original batteries still in it, and if so, how did they do on shelf life after so many years?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one in the same condition. It's a lot older than 10 years. The original bulb, probably not 30 minutes on the original batteries/bulb. Changed the batts lately out of boredom.

I installed some O-rings on the thing to help in grip. It's in my Jeep as we speak.

A nice light .

6pOriginal

Enlightened
I too like the old style more, it's on it's 2nd lamp assembly (1st one was dead after I dropped it within a few days of getting the light) also put in a LOTC from a new style 6p which I think can be pretty useful. I just got a shock isolated bezel from other CPF member and probably going to put that in as well.