Does Anyone Make A Continuously Variable Brightness RCR123 Based XML Small Light?

Doug

Enlightened
Does Anyone Make A Continuously Variable Brightness RCR123 Based XML Small Light?

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened
I wish. I predict by the end of the year, there will be one

I know a member in this forum modded his v10r to use an XM-L (apparently not an easy thing to do) and he might be selling it as well.
just run a search for v10r xm-l if you're interested

recDNA

Flashaholic
The key is to drive it harder. Most of the new small body XM-L's are driving the LED at less than 2 amps. At less than 2 amps I think the S2 looks brighter due to the more concentrated hotspot even though the XM-L may actually put out slightly more lumens.

I suspect the first one with an adjustment wheel will be around 1 amp because they'll just swap emitters and reflectors keeping the original electronics.

I'd love a TCR2 type flashlightdriven at 2.5 amp max for IMR18350 or 18500 but I know it will never happen. They'll keep the drive current low enough to use a CR123 primary. Now someone will cry about heat but of course that is the point of the adjustment wheel!

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I wish. I predict by the end of the year, there will be one

I know a member in this forum modded his v10r to use an XM-L (apparently not an easy thing to do) and he might be selling it as well.
just run a search for v10r xm-l if you're interested

I saw that and I wish I could afford it. His price was very reasonable but the parts including the Titanium V10R are expensive.