Help me find a relacement Tactical Light?

ResidentWeevil

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
Some enterprising toe rag has relieved me of my Eagletac T20C2 Mk2. I need a solid replacement for Law Enforcement duties. At the moment, I am groping around with my old, faithful-but-dim Blackhawk Gladius:candle:

Any advice appreciated..the 4Sevens Maelstrom X7 sounds excellent on first read? Attached is a CPF want list for recs;

Finally, the answers to the CPF Flashlight Recommendation Checklist;

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

Less than $150.*

3) Format:*

I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

Every day carry medium (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:

LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer:

X____I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?
AW18650

I intend to use rechargeable lithium (li-ion) chemistry. Feel free to specify a size if you know which size you want (14500, RCR123/16340, 17500, 17670, 18650, etc.)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).*
VARIABLE - Moonlight to retina scorcher :huh:
I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens).
I want to illuminate an entire field, the neighbor's front yard several houses down, impress my friends and neighbors, etc. (300-700 lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

X____30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)
X____50-150 yards/meters (I live in a very rural area/farm with wide open spaces)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

VARIABLE! 20hrs or so on moonlight, down to 6 hours or so.

X____90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.*

Critical (Police, Fire, Search & Rescue, Caving, Survival).

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):*

I want a reverse clicky (For use with multi-mode/level lights).
I want a momentary switch (Predominantly for use with signaling and short bursts of momentary light only).
I want a tail mounted switch (found on the majority of today's high end lights).

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.*

I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)*
I want a programmable light.
I want a strobe mode. (Blinks to show location.)
I want a beacon mode.

14)Material/Finish/Coating

Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's flashlights).

I don't care.

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.

JKodiak

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK21 comes to my mind. I would check both lights UI and choose one I like more. In Maelstrom you choose modes by tightening/untightening the bezel. With TK21 you use button for changing modes.

About 13) Do you want reverse clicky or forward clicky? Both TK21 and Maelstrom X7 have forward clickys. If you want momentary on you need to get forward clicky.

tadbik

Enlightened
Checkout the Thrunite Scorpion. It may fit your needs, it's a kind of upgraded Galdius.