Rubber coated LED flashlight

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I looking for a nice little rubber coated LED flashlight for my 4 years old. The thing is that he loves to play with my rrt-0-r5 and I'm afraid he might drop it every time he plays with it. So I want a flashlight that I will not be afraid if he drops it and I also dont want a cheap one.

An AA or AAA based light would be prefered (he forgets to close it sometimes).
Multi modes, up to at least 100 lumens would be nice.
Since he's just a little kid, a small package would be prefered also

Thanks in advance.

Francis

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Sounds like a great excuse to get one of those AA Maratac lights and practice coating it in pasti-dip or something similar.

Can't think of any decent small coated LED lights right now.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get him a G2 with an Malkoff M60LL. My soon to be 4 year old has been playing with my Surefires since he was 2 and has yet to break any of them. My lesser lights haven't fared so well.

DaveG

Enlightened
Safe light/pal light-Star model,9-volt battery,auto off, runs forever,rubber body,wont brake the bank.Works great as a night light.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Dorcy 41-4248? Cheap enough that if he breaks it, you can buy plenty more!
Dorcy also makes the 41-2968 which is cheap and runs off AAs....

fishx65

Enlightened
Don't forget about heatshrink tubing. Would be really easy to cover any AA or AAA. I covered one of my Maratacs and it's really durable and holds the clip on solid.

Phil828

Newly Enlightened
The smallest rubberized light that Fenix offers is the LD25. Might be a bit more than you had in mind.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I've got to agree with DaveG, the Palight Star is the way to go.