KD 32600 test - for those interested.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of years ago I bought a bunch of 32600/32650 cells from KD - some protected ones and some unprotected ones. I was just charging one and though - it must be time I did another discharge test! These are rated at 5000mAh and when I tested them not long after buying them they measured between 4900 & 5000 mAh on the hobby charger, which is pretty good.

The one I just tested at 1A was able to supply 4800mAh. IMO that is pretty nice going for a 2 year old LiCo cell, especially a 'no brand' cell from KD.
These cells seem to have no problem running my 79W Mag3D (Osram 64430 at 10V) or my ROP High Mag 2D.

From what I can work out the protected cells are the same cells, though the protection circuit is a bit average and the board on the -ve side scratches easily (not a steel plate). Although I don't think the protected ones are available any more.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
That's good news! Is there any indication that the current batch of cells is anywhere near the same specs as your old ones? I know how the chinese work and the difference between batches (especially years apart) can be huge!!

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good news! Is there any indication that the current batch of cells is anywhere near the same specs as your old ones? I know how the chinese work and the difference between batches (especially years apart) can be huge!!

The description is the same, but I don't think that means diddly squat.
Because my cells are still working well in my ROPs and hotwires I'm not in the market for more. So, until someone buys some new ones and tests them we can't really be sure of anything.

All I know is that I'm very happy with how mine are working for me. 5Ah capacity in a ROP is very good - over 1hr run-time with a ROP high putting out over 1000 Lumen and over 2 hours of run-time on a ROP low putting out 500 Lumen. That's some nice performing from my old Mag 2D lights.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Sounds good, im currently in the market for some of these cells for this little baby:

img7246custom.jpg

So maybe ill be getting me a pair of these! Now, i don't need the high discharge functionality on the cell but the shear capacity would mean i could have runtimes up to 2 hours at high (900 emitter lumens). Thats more than double of what i now have on my 2200 AW 18650 or 2500mAh AA's.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
I just wish that they would get some more of the protected ones in stock..... Oh, and a supply of the Golden Shorty springs while they are at it. :shrug:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I know is that I'm very happy with how mine are working for me. 5Ah capacity in a ROP is very good - over 1hr run-time with a ROP high putting out over 1000 Lumen and over 2 hours of run-time on a ROP low putting out 500 Lumen. That's some nice performing from my old Mag 2D lights.

I have some of these, and I'm using them for the exact same thing!

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've changed to so many golden shorty springs I now have about 7 or so standard Maglite springs in my box of Maglite bits. I have at least 7 standard reflectors too - and still about 4 Aluminium reflectors for future modded Mag use.

mitro

Newly Enlightened
I got a couple of the unprotected ones last month and tested them at 2.8A. Both of them were over 4500mAh. I can't seem to find the graph right now, but I remember that because I was pleasantly surprised.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wish that they would get some more of the protected ones in stock..... Oh, and a supply of the Golden Shorty springs while they are at it. :shrug:

And the bi-pin socket adapter. All the best things they had exclusively are gone.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Didn't mention that, as we can still get them from fivemega, but yes, it would be handy to have those back as well, in order to get everything from one supplier.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a couple of the unprotected ones last month and tested them at 2.8A. Both of them were over 4500mAh. I can't seem to find the graph right now, but I remember that because I was pleasantly surprised.

That sounds promising - hopefully these are made the same as the ones I got 2 years ago. If mine are still working near as good as new even after 2 years then it shouldn't be hard to get 4+ years of good service out of these cells which is what you expect, but don't always get.

Latest posts