Tape Switch for PM6?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a prototype from Pelican, and it works good. Not sure if it's available to the public, yet. I think the SF tape switch cap will fit the Pelican M6(?)...

--dan

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I bought a tape switch from Botach for the PM6 and it works fine. It's some third party, can't recall who.

- Don

unnerv

Enlightened
I have talked to Kevin at the Batterystation about getting one. I am hoping it comes in with the next order of pelican stuff.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
tyler-D,

A tape switch, or remote switch, is simply an extension of a light switch normally used in tactical light applications. It's a flat strip of rubber covering a contact switch that can be applied to the forgrip or handgun grip of a firearm used to activate a forward mounted weaponlight, or similarly configured light assembly via a coiled/straight wire (connected from the contact switch to the switch portion of the light assembly, usually the tailcap end). The majority of tape switches are momentary on/off switches. There are numerous versions of tape switches out there...

Sorry, I don't have any pics to post... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

-Jim

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Like this Tyler:

SFUU06.jpg

Pie's explanation is a bit complicated (been slicing too much pie Pie?). CQB school is fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Basically, when you mount a light onto a rifle or shotgun, you have this on the foregrip, and your fingers are always on it. Put pressure on it and the light turns on, and take off pressure and it turns off. That way, in a tactical entry or similar situation, you always have complete control over the light on your weapon, and do not give away your position unintentionally.

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Ahhhh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Much better post from hawk... why oh why do I complicate things so much?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks hawk...

-Jim

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Thanks guys.
I am considering my PM6 with W3 module for weapon mounting.
With a tape switch, there should be no battery movement (since no spring), the electronics are potted, and the led has no lense to be crushed by. There is no filament to break either....

Floating Spots

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
unnerv said:
I have talked to Kevin at the Batterystation about getting one. I am hoping it comes in with the next order of pelican stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a Pelican switch Dano talked about or something different. Anymore detail you care to share (price, dimensions, etc.) I can't find the switch on the Pelican site.

I found the one on Botach.
For anyone interested : PM6 switch
Click on the picture to see it big.
Guess I'll have to chance Botach....

unnerv

Enlightened
I had originally seen it on botach about a month ago and presented the link to Kevin. He said he could order them, and I would rather support a CPF sponsor, so I have not ordered one from botach yet. I plan to mount my PM6 with a McModule on my airsoft gun for some of our CQB games. Can't wait to see their eyes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

nonbox

Banned
how much does kevin sell the Pelican M6 pressure switch for?

Does the PM6 have a shock absorbing bezel? Will the filament stand up to the recoil when gets hot?

Floating Spots

Enlightened
The M6 does not have a shock isolated bezel.
However, I'm going to use it with an LED module, so I don't think I will have a problem.
Running the M6 with stock bulb on a weapon is going to be a problem....

unnerv

Enlightened
Last Email that I got from Kevin indicated that they would be around $10 when they came in.
-edit
Just got an Email from Kevin and there was some confusion about the switch. He is waiting on Pelican to get back to him, so not sure if the $10 price was in reference to the the remote switch or the stock replacement tailcaps. When I hear more I'll post again.

unnerv

Enlightened
Kevin just got back to me and the remote tail switches should be about $12. He has placed an order for them so it could be a bit before they come in. At $12 they are a good deal, and I would like to thank Kevin for doing all the leg work to get these for us.

nonbox

Banned
Has any one mounted a PM6 (regular bulb) hooked to a pressure switch to their shotgun? Will the bulb blow out with a few shots?

Why does PM make a remote tail switch if the PM6 with regular bulb will not withstand target practice recoil and heat?

Screehopper

Enlightened
Re: Pressure pad switch for Surefire

Where can I get the Surefire S06 switch assembly at a brick-and-mortar store in the Los Angeles area? Or perhaps online? I'm having trouble finding it anywhere except direct from Surefire. And when I mean direct I had to call them direct as the pressure switch cannot be found on their webpage.

Yukon_72

Newly Enlightened

Doe anyone know if you can get on/off tape switches- not momentary?

Size15's

Flashaholic

You can for SureFires -
They are called Option "B" Rocker-style Constant-On Switch at the end of cable length xx (in inches)
SxxB
UxxB

SureFire offers combinations of pressure pad and rocker-switches (constant-on or disable [Option "D"].

Any friendly SureFire Dealer should be able to order any switch option.

Al