IFE2 clicky

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
If the need ever arises, how does one replace the clicky in an IFE2? What about swapping the reflector? Thanks.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Look around the switch boot. You'll see a SS ring with notches 180 degrees apart. That's the retaining ring. Unscrew it with fine point needle nose pliers or tweezers or similar. Good luck!

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, guys. I thought that's what they might be for, but wanted to make sure, first. And thanks, SCEman...I would have gone lefty-loosey for sure.

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
Oh, one more thing...does the bezel come off? And if so, is it reverse thread? Thanks.

mrlysle

Enlightened
The bezel might be a little more difficult, as more often than not, they glue them together. It might take some heat, and a couple strap wrenches to get the two halves of the head apart. Sometimes it unscrews fairly easily, but other times not. There are several threads here on the forum relating stories of guys really scratching/gouging up their lights trying to take one apart that's been "glued" from the factory. If you do manage to break it loose, the threading would be "conventional". Lefty loosey, righty tighty. Good luck.

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, mrlysle. I did read those threads/posts, just wanted clarification. If gentle, but firm, persuasion doesn't work, I'll quit while I'm ahead.

CKOD

Enlightened
Thanks, mrlysle. I did read those threads/posts, just wanted clarification. If gentle, but firm, persuasion doesn't work, I'll quit while I'm ahead.

The front bezel comes off, (right hand threads) pretty easily with a padded vice and a strap-wrench. That gets out the lens, reflector, and give you access to the LED/MCPCB enough to do a LED swap. (you'll need tweezers and a soldering iron with a long pointy tip, but its plenty of space, not *that* confined. I havent tried taking it apart further, dont wanna break any wired or something silly like that, and mess up the light engine. Though if I did have to buy another one I could stack the bodies and have a 2x 18650 light if it plays nice with 8.4v :sssh:

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
:thumbsup: Let us know how that works out for you. Wonder if it could handle the heat.

Last edited:

CKOD

Enlightened
Nitecore got back to me, 2x RCR123s are fine, so 8.4v in isnt a problem. Now nitecore needs to sell replacement bodies or spacers. 2x 123s 2x 18500s or 2x 18650s whatever suits you for that day.