Introducing the LED Pro Modders Program

jtice

Flashaholic
I am very happy to announce the release of The LED Pro modders calculation program.

This program started out as a simple runtime calculator, and grew to a complete modders calculator. Capable of calculating any variable. One of the best features about this program is its ability to reverse calculate. This means that you can leave any one of the fields blank, and LED Pro will calculate the answer for you.

--- LED Pro is capable of calculating the following ---

For Converter Boards such as Dat2zips BadBoy and DownBoy boards: mA Current to LED, LED Vf, Input Battery Voltage, Battery mAh, Runtime, and the converters Efficiency.

For Resistors: mA Current to LED, LED Vf, Input Battery Voltage, Resistor Ohms, and Resistor Wattage.

You can find more information and the Download File HERE.
Check back to the WebSite for updates and more information.

I hope all of you can find this program useful. It has cost me many headaches and sleepless nights. But, I feel that in the end it will be well worth it, if it serves as some use to all my fellow CPF Members.

Having a problem with msstdfmt.dll ??? Do the following.
Search for the file in your WINDOWS directory first. If you have it.
Goto Run, by clicking the Start button.
Type in "regsvr32.exe msstdfmt.dll"

If you dont have it. Try one of the below sites to download the dll file.
dll-files.com
OR Right-Click HERE and "Save Target As"

PLEASE feel free to email or PM me with any questions or comments you might have about the program.

Special thanks to:
Jim Koll (rothrandir)
Wayne Yamaguchi (dat2zip)
Dan Tran (logicnerd411)

ScreenShot:
led_pro_1.jpg

---- Update: 2-9-04 ------
When using LED Pro, and calculating the resistance to use with a number of LEDs in parellel, the resistance displayed, is the total resistance that should be placed before the parellel group of LEDs.
This is not always a good idea. If the Vf(forward voltage) of the LEDs differs, this will cuase the LEDs to recieve different levels of current.
To prevent this, a resisrtor should be placed before each LED.
To do this, take the value that LED Pro calculates, and multiply it by the number of LEDs.

Example: Desired LED Current= 300mA
LED Vf= 3.6
Battery Input Voltage= 12
# of LEDs in Parellel= 3

Resistance Value Calculated= 9.33 Ohms

Take 9.33, and multiply it by 3.... = 27.99 Ohms
So, place a 27.99 Ohm Resistor (or the closest possible resistor) before each LED in the Parellel group.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice ticey! I didn't see this one coming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guys, ticey spent a lot of time on this. You should see how many times he updated it in like the last week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just added this to my LED Links page.
Very worthwhile, whether you mod or just tinker around with LEDs and power supplies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the monster has been unleashed!

oh...this project was hell to make, but hopefully you guys will find it worthwile! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice for performing "what if" scenarios. This ought to save a lot of time. I'm looking forward to when I can get the download from the server.

Paul

jtice

Flashaholic
Thanks alot for the kind words guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Craig,, thanks for adding the link. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Paul... are you having trouble downloading it? Its on the server now, ready to go.

Heres the direct link to the program exe file.

http://trotto.zmoz.com/led_pro.exe

[EDIT] LED Pro should run on any Windows based PC.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dat what you've been working on ticey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Excellent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Will give it a try.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Those clear buttons are a thing of beauty. My favorite feature by far.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ahh yes...we should give saaby credit for the clear buttons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snuffy

Enlightened
jtice:

I'm having a small problem getting it to run. It says I need to install "MSSTDFMT.DLL" because the class isn't regestered. I'm running W2K SP4 and I have msstdfmt.dll in winnt\system32. Any help would be welcome. Jim

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really cool. Thanks for that. I did a short course on Java programming and can really appreciate how difficult and time consuming something like this would be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Well done. Now, I wonder how much further this program can go? What other functions are you planning to put in? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great. You can really get an idea of what would be the ideal setup for runtime very quickly without writting it all out algebraicly. This will save me time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif