18350 powered lights

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Mac's Customs Tri-EDC and Oveready's Moddoolar Pocket come to mind quickly, I'm sure there are others...
Also, fivemega is doing a run of 18350 bodies.

-Jas.

edit: fivemega is sold out of 18350 bodies, with no immediate plans for a future run.

Last edited:

yowzer

Enlightened
18350 is not a new standard size, but was a special request to AW by CPF members and custom light manufacturers. It may be some time before it becomes a commodity option.

AW is not the first or only maker of cells this size... They've been around for at least a few years now.

recDNA

Flashaholic
18350 is not a new standard size, but was a special request to AW by CPF members and custom light manufacturers. It may be some time before it becomes a commodity option.

That surprises me because CPF members have been crying for an IMR17670 for years to no avail.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
That surprises me because CPF members have been crying for an IMR17670 for years to no avail.

Producing a new cell takes investment and risk. Encouragement for the IMR 18350 included large purchase commitments. I don't believe the 17670 size has received as much.

AW is not the first or only maker of cells this size... They've been around for at least a few years now.

Even with the help of standards governing boards (which we lack), new standards take time and persistence. The 18340/18350 size has been around in the form of unprotected LiCo, a temperamental combination that limits adoption. My point was merely that AW has taken the first step of producing this size battery in an adoption encouraging configuration/chemistry, reducing the risk for flashlight makers who might which to support it.

flashflood

Enlightened

Wow, I had no idea! In that case, cheers to AW. The 18350 is great because it provides about 50% more capacity, or 50% more power, than RCR123 without making the light any longer. I just wish more lights were made 1-2mm wider to accommodate 18mm batteries. And I'd really appreciate the ability to Lego 18350 and 18650 body tubes.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what's the latest on complete and currently being sold 1x18350 lights? We should start a list...

Jetbeam RRT-01
Jetbeam TC-R1
Niteye EYE10
Mac's Customs XM-L and EDC line
Oveready's Moddoolar Pocket
Peak Everest P7
Peak Pyrenees XP-G
Peak Ural XM-L
Dark Sucks?
What else????

Last edited:

Latest posts