Jetbeam search lights all look the same which one ?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, i want to buy a jetbeam search light but im not sure which one ? i like the M1X UI but it seems to under powered now days, can it still handle its own ? then theres the XML and ST 50 versions which are rated at the same out put ?
help ! pros and cons ? which is warmer tinted ?
most throwy ?
cont.............

Craig K

Enlightened
Looking forward to some replies in this thread because I am very interested in the M1XM XML.

purelite

Enlightened
Go with the XML. MCE is old news and not as efficient and suffers from donut holes . SSt50 is brite but once again it needs to be driven hard to shine. I think the SSts are designed more for fixed lighting applications and were forced into flashlight duty . The XML is really a fantastic advancement in lED technology. They are super brite and efficient and the beam quality is fantastic. No rings or donut holes in the beam. It is a very good led for the makers to fashion reflectors aropund. The tints are nice to and similar to the XPG and due tend to get a bit green on low settings but on high they are a nice cool white. You might want to consider the BC40 also. It is a great deal for the money throws pretty darn good and is just as brite as any other JB of its class.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
Go with the XML. MCE is old news and not as efficient and suffers from donut holes . SSt50 is brite but once again it needs to be driven hard to shine. I think the SSts are designed more for fixed lighting applications and were forced into flashlight duty . The XML is really a fantastic advancement in lED technology. They are super brite and efficient and the beam quality is fantastic. No rings or donut holes in the beam. It is a very good led for the makers to fashion reflectors aropund. The tints are nice to and similar to the XPG and due tend to get a bit green on low settings but on high they are a nice cool white. You might want to consider the BC40 also. It is a great deal for the money throws pretty darn good and is just as brite as any other JB of its class.

I second purelite's recommendation. The XML LED is the best choice

srfreddy

Enlightened
I don't think crees were developed for flashlights either, but yeah, sst need big current before they "shine".