What is happening with Novatac ?

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see a lot of dealers are liquidating their entire Novatac line. Are there some new models coming soon ? Is the company closing ?

Any clues ?

Last edited:

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
No telling, but I did see one company had them for sixty percent off, that is a good deal if you like Novatac.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far, batteryjunction and batterystation Are selling em off. Any others?
This question may be better asked in dealers corner of the CPF Marketplace

stienke

Enlightened
Maybe I'm wrong but these Novatacs are chinese made and not american made, I think personally the quality is less than the american made Novatacs.
Maybe they sell these due the quality issue's,but maybe I'm wrong:shrug:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dealers sometimes know sooner than the rest of us, finger on the pulse sort of speak.
But it never hurts to ask here ;)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, that's cheaper than Solarforce :D
I bought one for $40 at batteryjunction last week.
Hopefully they stay in business, they look sharp.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought 2 for $11.11 each! I would have bought more, but I was not convinced it was a "real deal." I will let you know in a few days when they arrive.
If they are delivered, that will have to go down as the best deal in 2011!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
If they are delivered, that will have to go down as the best deal in 2011!
That's a big IF. I had very bad luck with Amazon deals which looked too good. Got my money back but each time the sellers backed out putting blame on Amazon. I hope it works out for you. Heck I almost hit one for 17 bucks but not playing a third time. :(

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the answer to my question about why so good prices on the Novatac.

From Matt of Battery Junction:

There will be new models, they're not going out of business. It's the new models coming soon and an overstock that prompted this special that we put together with the factory.

I guess new emitter and perhaps better overall quality for the Chinese made ones ?

fespo276

Newly Enlightened
That's a big IF. I had very bad luck with Amazon deals which looked too good. Got my money back but each time the sellers backed out putting blame on Amazon. I hope it works out for you. Heck I almost hit one for 17 bucks but not playing a third time. :(

I agree and have my fingers crossed. This is encouraging, however:

Dear **** Jr.,

Supermart shipped the following item(s) in your order ***************, placed on April 26, 2011.

Delivery Estimate: May 03, 2011 - May 18, 2011
This shipment was sent to:

********** Jr.
496 ******* RD
*********, CT 08****
United States

This shipment will be delivered by USPS.

You have been charged for the following items shipped today:

NovaTac Storm LED Flashlight, Black
Sold by: Supermart
Condition: new
Quantity: 2
$11.11 each
Item subtotal: $22.22

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Subtotal : $22.22
Shipping & Handling : $9.98
Total : $32.20
Paid by Mastercard: $32.20

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several older Novatacs and they are wonderful. They all look the same, but some start out on low, some on high, one has a strobe. I've never had an issue with any of Novatacs. They get dropped, they get used--*and* they flash when the battery is getting low. These older Novatacs all say made in the USA. The prices on the newer Chinese Novatacs are great! But.... I can't tell you anything about their quality. Certainly worth $11.00!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I agree and have my fingers crossed.

Best of luck. Despite talking all that smack about AMZN the price was too good and tried to buy the 17 dollar deal. They said two in stock but at checkout the QTY turned to zero and nothing was in my cart. Never again.....

Last edited:

photophilic1

Newly Enlightened
I really like Novatac the build is good and they are pretty reliable for a pocket light...I have about 4 of the EDC 120E and use them all with RCR123's...I am sticking with the American made models which are the 120E the 120T...120P...I read some mixed reviews with the Storm type models made overseas but i never owned one just heard about them...the American made Tacs also have the type 3 hard anodized instead of the type 2 which the imported lights have..as you probably guessed I have some HDS EDC waiting for 2 right now the EDC Rotary!!!

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up getting to the party late as usual. Saw discounts on another forum that were basically 60% off any of the import versions. Figured I'd swing by here first and glad I did. Also tried ordering the $17 version and had the same result, ended up grabbing a storm for $22 + 5 for shipping. Figured what's another 5 for a decent beater light that I don't need to worry about handing off to someone.

Oooh maybe I can mod this one with a red led and finally I'll have a light for meteor showers. Now the wait begins. Hopefully Anime Castle (haha yep that's who I bought it from) actually has them in stock.

kavvika

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up, just snagged a (used, like-new) Storm for $14 with free 2-day shipping from Amazon. I too wonder what is going on. These prices are far too low for clearancing out end-of-life products, but who knows now that Novatac has changed ownership.

Edit: NVM, just received an email stating my order was cancelled as well. Are any of the listed lights even in stock!?

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
My order disappeared so I looked up my order report from Amazon and mine was cancelled as well. When something appears to be too good to be true...