Thoughts on upgrading multitool with built in LED (Victorinox midnight manager)

thwang99

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, first post in a while.

I've been EDCing a Leatherman Squirt PS4 (Great multitool!) along with a Preon head on a Maratac AAA body (it's smaller than the Preon body), with a 10440 lithium battery. Great combination, BTW!

But recently I lost both of these (they are connected together and put in my pocket). :(

So, did some research, wanted something smaller (since this is always in my pocket) and went with a Victorinox midnight manager multitool with built in white LED. Seems cool, but I know the LED will be very dim. I was looking at the case, and it seems possible to mod to be brighter. I'm thinking of replacing the LED and batteries with a Streamlight NANO. Basically, replace the 1025 button cell with the four SR41 batteries of the NANO, and replace the LED. I'm thinking of stacking two SR41 batteries together, and putting the stack of two side by side for a total of four batteries. Contacts will be hard to make, so I'll probably spot weld the batteries together into a "pack", and hard solder them in (will require soldering and welding when replacing the batteries). This will eliminate the need for a spring contact system.

Any thoughts on this? Just thinking so far, haven't done any flashlight mods in a long long time, and in the past, only did simple ones. - Tony