3 yr. Solar Flashlight; Fact or Fiction?

Big Red One

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys:wave:
I would like someones input in a solar torch I found on Ebay;
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...7306&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT#ht_975wt_906
Even a rookie like me in terms of Flashlights is very skeptical of the claims of this solar torch,"Holds a Charge for 3 Years - 5 years with Battery Back Up!":eek: Lets say for hypothesis it used Sanyo Eneloop AAs for recharging....Ok being conservative, once fully charged it only loses 15% per yr. After 3 yrs you would have 55% charge remaining right? So how do they claim 5yrs back up? The use of Lithium batteries perhaps? Also it comes in black, which isn't good if you are going to leave it out on a very hot day!
Anyone care to blow this claim to outer space please?:thumbsup:

gorn

Enlightened
Amazon has them 2 for $26.95 with free shipping. They are rated pretty good from people that bought them. One reveiw says the backup power is a button cell rechargable.

Big Red One

Newly Enlightened
@GORN for the information. Even with the glowing reviews I'm skeptical of the outputs and Lumens.They state 40 Lumens but use 2 CR2032 3v button cells as back up batteries?How long would the torch sustain 40 lumens using just 2 CR2032's?Final note,one just could not put this in cold storage as the fact that rechargeable batteries in general do NOT hold their charge well in deep storage- you need to top them off once in a while to keep them useful. Thanks :wave: