Got my Fenix TK21

newless

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm new here and thought I would share this.
Today I got my Fenix TK21 from Fenix Tactical up here in Canada.
Just snapped a quick photo with it's new family including a Surefire E1b I just got in the mail 2 days ago. Gives a good size comparison.
I LOVE the UI on this light, much quicker than using the TK12. I do know that some people complain about the missing pocket clip, I don't see that being as issue with me. I also removed the cigar grip "thingy" as soon as the light came out of the box. I hate those things. I do have large hands and that engulf the TK21 front tailcap to the head and that clip is just uncomfortable. I could buy the spacer that I have on my Tk12 just to cover the exposed threads but I don't see it as being necessary.
I can't wait till it gets dark outside, this is where I plan on using this light.
I just a casual user and this light will be used for walking the dogs at night, and most importantly for "skunk patrol"!!
I have two labs that love to chase rabbits and skunks in the backyard, I had my yellow get sprayed point blank last August when I failed to scan the backyard(go figure). Avoiding that just once is worth the price of the light!
Oh yeah, it also has a really positive tail "click" when depressed.
Anyway here it is with the group!
IMGP4263.jpg

Last edited:

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
Hey there fellow Canadian, glad to hear you're happy with the TK21, it's a fantastic light.....did you get the new XML version? I see you've got a nice little collection started :welcome:
BTW, I'd recommended some AW 18650 for it and a decent charger if you're using CR123 primaries

Last edited:

BBL

Enlightened
Thanks for the picture. I didnt expect the head to be much bigger than the previous versions.
How does the mode switch feel, good feedback? how hard is it to press?

kj2

Flashaholic
Thanks for the picture. I didnt expect the head to be much bigger than the previous versions.
How does the mode switch feel, good feedback? how hard is it to press?
I had it in my hands yesterday. Very nice light, feels good and solid. switch can be easily pushed.
The button up front for the mode switch, has a nice feel. You really feel it when you press it.(has some sort of clicky feel) The TK21 has a nice throw.
I had the U2 version in my hands. Only on the low mode, it has a little bit a green tint but if you go to mid-hi- turbo mode the spot is clear white.
The only negative thing, in my opinion is that the TK15 (with less lumens) will throw as much as the TK21. On the other hand- the tk21 is brighter in his throw.