• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Custom P60 Ez900 Drop-in

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is the shoot out winner in this thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?312827-Shoot-out-of-Home-Made-P60-drop-ins

It's the #4 drop-in in that thread.
4. DX Q5 Neutral bare led, EZ900. 11375 lux @ 1 meter with OP reflector
DX new arrival Neutral 4000K Q5, turns out looks like cool white & it's EZ900 smaller die. Not neutral at all but EZ 900 is best for throw. A copper disk was directly soldered on the brass E can & Bare led mounted by Arctic silver under pressure.
Copper sheet applied with Fuji thermo adhesive for better heat transfer
1.4A Shinning beam 3 mode driver.

don't be fooled by the beam shots, they are under exposed to show spot quality and compare brightness. 11.4K lux is lot brighter than it looks.

For maximum throw, I drove the XRE R2 to 1.4 Amp on High usinng shinning beam 1.4A 3 mode driver.

To ensure that best heat transfer, I soldered a copper pad on top of the P60 brass ecan,
I started with bare XRE, carefully grind off the bottom +/- contacts, then Arctic silver
glued down to the copper directly under high pressure. This method create an extremely thin layer that can transfer heat very well.

Example: I used same method to make this light that XRE was driven to over 2 Amp.:eek:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...eam-shot-vs.-35W-HID&highlight=franken+mag+jr.

dscf9924w.jpg

Runs on single Li-ion system. This will throw approximately 2x the lux of M30 drop in . It has a perfect beam & no Cree rings.

Asking $49, a little higher than a usual XRE drop in, but I put in a lot of work, this isn't your average R2 drop-in. I tried to make a p60 with maximized throw in OP reflector. EZ900 Q5 will throw about 10% more than an EX100 R2 under same driving current, because the 20% smaller die.

PP fee/Shipping $3.5

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Custom P60 Ez900 Drop-in

This is a very nice build indeed.

I have been experimenting myself with copper to LED bonding and its a PITA to center the LED. So, I can appreciate how much it takes to get a nice beam.

Jose

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Big C,

The beam , underexposed:

dscf9486.jpg

vs, Surefire E2DL same exposure:
dscf9480l.jpg

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ill take it!
been meaning to get a module with throw in mind.

PM me yer PP addy.

thanks!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks,

PP info. sent,

SPF to psychbeat

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast