Looking for light to be a companion for my CCW

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I have done a search but did not come up with what I am looking for:

LED
Single Cell 123a
Single mode
Clicky tail on/off

Thanks, in advance for any help or advice!!!

cm_mtb

Enlightened
Surefire E1 body + Z57 tailcap + VME head + Malkoff M31. The M31 comes in neutral or cool.

On the Quark tactical, the tailcap only activates one mode, but the head can be loosened for a second brightness level that you can program. I'm not sure if that is an issue for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the HDS lights is my personal favorites, you can run it like a single mode or if you wish you can always program the modes however you want later down the road. This way you can give yourself some wiggle room if you decide you want multiple modes. With a CCW your going to always have instant access to max but it's nice to be able to switch over to low for those up close mundane task and with the HDS you can choose exactly what that low mode is going to be. That is juts to put in simple the HDS light's can do many other things just depending on how you program it and it rides nice in your pants pocket.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Ra or HDS FTW
DSC03007.jpg

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on what you carry. Let's empty Hogo's pockets and see...
P1017028.jpg

P1017029.jpg

P1017030.jpg

P1017031.jpg

P1017032.jpg

OK. So the P22 was not on me at the moment, but was in my bug out bag. The others were on me (paranoia is just good thinking when everyone is out to get you.)

If I were to carry just one light, and I do have this one on me as well, it would be the HDS. If I had to get rid of all my lights but one, I would keep the HDS. There just isn't anything as bomb proof, reliable, and versatile out there.

And people think I'm joking when I say I carry 15 pounds of gear on me... concealed!

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
Depends on what you carry. Let's empty Hogo's pockets and see...
P1017028.jpg

P1017029.jpg

P1017030.jpg

P1017031.jpg

P1017032.jpg

OK. So the P22 was not on me at the moment, but was in my bug out bag. The others were on me (paranoia is just good thinking when everyone is out to get you.)

If I were to carry just one light, and I do have this one on me as well, it would be the HDS. If I had to get rid of all my lights but one, I would keep the HDS. There just isn't anything as bomb proof, reliable, and versatile out there.

And people think I'm joking when I say I carry 15 pounds of gear on me... concealed!

LOL!!!!

Nice Colection. I like the North American Arms, I carry a mini as well as a NAA 32 somtimes.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan of dedicated units. This Gemtech goes on a Savage bolt action rifle as well. With CCI subsonic ammo, all you hear is "click".

Glock27

Enlightened
I've been red gun practicing with my Zebralight SC60w. You can get a good grip with your off side thumb controlling the switch.
I've had a SureFire 6Z since I took a class at Gunsite many years ago. It has a malkoff M-60 in it now.
For a light rail, I have a Streamlight TLR-1. Rail mounted lights have drawbacks that outway benifits for CCW.

I'm really liking the SC60 for CCW because it is lighter and brighter than anything else and is light enough to EDC everyday clipped to your off side front pocket. 18650s are also way cheaper to use practicing every night.

G27

P.S. I would never recommend a .22 suppressor that wasn't able to come apart and preferably all stainless so you can clean with vinegar/hydrogen peroxide solution. AAC element or SWR Spectre are 2 examples.

Last edited:

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
I've been red gun practicing with my Zebralight SC60w. You can get a good grip with your off side thumb controlling the switch.
I've had a SureFire 6Z since I took a class at Gunsite many years ago. It has a malkoff M-60 in it now.
For a light rail, I have a Streamlight TLR-1. Rail mounted lights have drawbacks that outway benifits for CCW.

I'm really liking the SC60 for CCW because it is lighter and brighter than anything else and is light enough to EDC everyday clipped to your off side front pocket. 18650s are also way cheaper to use practicing every night.

G27

P.S. I would never recommend a .22 suppressor that wasn't able to come apart and preferably all stainless so you can clean with vinegar/hydrogen peroxide solution. AAC element or SWR Spectre are 2 examples.

Thanks I will check out the Zebra. I use TLR-1 on my AR15, it has been a good light, with no problems.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
After toying around with a cheap, 9LED Anglehead light, I think the Tomahawk will be on my "to buy" list soon.

Cheers
Thorsten

The Tomahawk is a very neat light. Certainly not the brightest anymore, but with the multiple LEDs, quite useful. The Border Patrol horse unit uses them with the IR LEDs. Mine is the LE version, and more than once, I've stuck it in my back window of my POV. It's built like a tank and the UI is very easy to master.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks I will check out the Zebra. I use TLR-1 on my AR15, it has been a good light, with no problems.

The SC60 is a great light and good suggestion that I did not mention for EDC because I thought you was only after 123 primarys, if your down for a 18650 pocket light IMO there is no better than the SC60, it's rock solid bright and easy to use.