HDS Systems 1x18650 tube for the Rotary? How about an XML version also :)?

Doug

Enlightened
An HDS Rotary with an XML and an option for a 18650 tube would be awsome.....

Anyone else think so?

Any thoughts of making this available Henry??

nbp

Flashaholic
Maybe eventually, but the XM-L will have to build up a reputation for reliability and dependability first, among Henry's other specifications. We are just now getting XP-Gs in Clickies and Rotaries, so I would imagine an XM-L is a year or more out, if in the thought process at all.

I think Oveready had some modded Clicky 300s up for sale though, and a few other members have mentioned that the current reflector takes to the XM-L quite well if you are feeling ambitious enough to do it yourself.

mrlysle

Enlightened
My favorite light wish? An HDS on 1x18650!!!!!!!!!!! I love my 170t clicky, and I have a 17670 tube for it, but it would just be plain AWESOME if Henry would make some 18650 tubes, not only for the new versions, but for the previous versions as well. 18650 has become my favorite format. The light is typically not TOO long, and you get the higher voltage over primaries, plus the super nice runtime in a light like the HDS that doesn't suck current like there's no tomorrow. I think the compactness of the HDS with 1xCR123 is what makes them so attractive for a lot of folks, but there's also a lot of folks that like the runtime afforded by todays higher capacity 18650's. I'll keep on dreaming of one I guess!

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a HDS 3x18650 tri XML Hi CRI, with the rotary interface same as the EDC.

Doug

Enlightened
I think Oveready had some modded Clicky 300s up for sale though, and a few other members have mentioned that the current reflector takes to the XM-L quite well if you are feeling ambitious enough to do it yourself.

Oh? Do tell.... anyone have one? beam shots? pics of theses lights? I noticed how easy it is to get to the LED in theses lights, but does not seem like allot of heat syncing ability.... as the LED just sits on a circuit board...

nbp

Flashaholic
Member Bansuri comes to mind. I think they may have jammed an XM-L in a Clicky120. I'll have to try to see if I can find something on that. :thinking: Or else I'm imagining that, haha.

Doug

Enlightened
Now that I have a Mac Customs Tri=EDC, I want one of those LED modules in my HDS 200 Rotary!

So, does/did the Oveready 300 have a 3 LED module?