Lanyard, QR for securing SF C-series to wrist?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Checking in to see if the pros here might have any recommendations for a lanyard system that incorporates quick release components such that the retainer can be quickly and easily detached from the lanyard ring on the torch so that it can be returned to the holster?

I usually keep my C2/Z2 in a belt holster and carry it loose in hand, but I can envision a situation where I might want to insure retention of the light. Here are some pictures of what I'm thinking.

View of light in-hand in use with badly drawn lanyard/retainer and wrist strap.
Lanyard02.jpg

Alternate view/exit point of lanyard connector.
Lanyard01.jpg

Clip detached and light returning to holster. It would be extra super cool if the QR attachment could clip onto something on the wrist strap sort of as a keeper for when not in use.
Lanyard03.jpg

And while we're at it, do you have any recommendations for the ring that goes on the torch? Stock ring? Aftermarket titanium? Flat, wire? What about an appropriate lanyard material? Elastic or not?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Wilkey

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The stock ring has the virtue of breaking away if the light is yanked by something. I've not seen any other attachment rings so designed.

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
A reasonably secure way to attach a lanyard might be a properly sized O-ring . This method would also provide a break-away function . You could clip the lanyard to the O-ring with a mini clip .:thinking:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have goen another way......fixed sturdy attachement point and a proepr length of elastic/bungge cord.....

more convenient and it will stretch to let your hand slip through in an emergency

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stock ring has the virtue of breaking away if the light is yanked by something. I've not seen any other attachment rings so designed.
Excellent point! I hadn't even considered that but I guess when it comes down to it, I'd rather lose my light than my hand.

A reasonably secure way to attach a lanyard might be a properly sized O-ring . This method would also provide a break-away function . You could clip the lanyard to the O-ring with a mini clip .:thinking:
Cheap enough to check out. Thanks!

I have goen another way......fixed sturdy attachement point and a proepr length of elastic/bungge cord.....

more convenient and it will stretch to let your hand slip through in an emergency
Brilliant.

Thank you all for your great ideas, gents.

Wilkey

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you are to go with my suggestion, search for similar mails by forum member "justincase" I remeber at least one pic