Driver wiring information please

ljw2k

Enlightened
Hi all excuse my ignorance but the picture below shows the circuit board .

My question is .......... center is the + Positive and the outer ring is the -Negative but what are the 3 soldering points around the center are they also for a + Positive connection as in a spring ? and would it matter if the center come in contact with any of the 3 solder points as my test meter leads have gone missing so can not test myself.

atb Andy

LDST90-75-2.jpg

Last edited:

onetrickpony

Enlightened
On most boards, you can flip them over and see where the leads go, if they tie in to neg or pos or somewhere else. You can usually trace them back to something that you know is negative or positive, in or out.

There are a lot of redundancies and unnecessary parts on a lot of boards, my guess is that they use the same board for several products instead of custom making each board.

ljw2k

Enlightened
Can not see on this one mate and common sense says as i have said above it MUST be connected to the + Positive as the joints was soldered across before i desoldered the spring or it looked like it should i say.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Just carefully scratch some of the blue paint stuff away between one of the three islands and the centre to see if that entire lighter blue circle in the middle has copper behind it... my bet is it does.

ljw2k

Enlightened
I am almost certain that you are 100% correct and will confirm oce my new multimeter arrives.