Where is the love for the Sunwayman V10A?

tempman

Newly Enlightened
All this talk about the V10R(Ti), and not so much for the V10A! What gives? I just wanted to research to find if the AA version has a lower low mode than the 123 version, but there really is not much about it.....:confused:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
One of the main reasons for lack of interest in the V10A is that they never offered it in titanium as done with the V10R Ti. I would have readily jumped on the AA version if they hadn't complicated the decision by also making it a choice between titanium/aluminum.

I'll probably end up with a few V10A's for giveaways and getting a AA extender for my V10R Ti to get me into 14500 capability.

tbenedict

Enlightened
I have wondered the same thing. Really like how the Ti looks, and I am guessing it may go a little lower than the V10A. I thought the AA model would out weigh the material, but that does not appear to have been the case with forum members (who knows about the general market).

I finally got tired of waiting for neutrals and ordered a V10A last night. Really thought long and hard between the V10A and V20A, but ended up deciding I would carry the smaller one more with a 14500. I really hope these go as low or lower than the Quarks. Selfbuilt's review indicates they go pretty low, but some of the beamshots have me wondering how consistently (different batches) these go that low.

scout24

Flashaholic
Dunno... I like mine, more than the 123 version, it just fits my hand better. I'll stick with the Aluminum powered by a 14500. More versatile, it will run on any AA sized cell out there. Kind of an underrated light IMHO, looks good with a McGizmo pocket clip... :)

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a V10a, but didn't like it.
*it felt bigger than the other AA lights I was looking at, probably because of the lego construction. The head has to be wide enough for a CR123 battery.
*it's very slippery. This is one light that really needs knurling. It's even worse than my Zebralight SC51, because with the zebralight I could at least put grip tape around its center.
*the V10a had an excellent beam. Quite a bit of throw and the dimmer ring worked great.
*my V10a had very shoddy construction. It looked great, but I dropped the head from a height of 1 meter onto a wooden floor and something broke loose inside and this killed it. The light no longer works at all. The fall was so small that the finish wasn't even scratched, yet the light still broke??? Unforgivable in a light this expensive.

tbenedict

Enlightened
Are they going to cover it under warranty? This doesn't sound like gross neglect, especially if it didn't scratch the finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
You aren' t alone, mate!.. The first flashlight I bought (the first two I onw was given to me) was a Sunwayman M10R.. And tell you, opening a PayPal account, put all my bank details over the Web was quite a big move to me... Bigger than HUUuuuuuge.. But mind you I wanted it so much. Actually I should thank Sunwayman for helping me to overcome my fears.
I like it more for its aesthetic aspect than its IU side of it. The thing is that I thought the V10R had just two settings low and high when I read the spec, I was a beginner flashaholic (I learnt since).
So now as soon I "refurbish" my account I' ll get the V10 Ti, because I find it so sexy.. But I just can' t afford it. Someone told me once " Everything comes in due course" so I just wait it shows up.
So please make me one of you in the bunch of Sunwayman Fan.
See you.

Latest posts