Lights with the most battery flexibility

euro

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm fairly new to the whole flashlight world, and I have lurked the forums for some time now, but now I caught the bug, and want to get my first "real" led light(s).

Thinking about all the different options for batteries, are there any lights out there that offer similar flexibility as the Gerber Omnivore? I read its not the best light, but I do like the option of using different batteries. I was thinking of using it as a (somewhat) edc backup light.

For my real edc I'm looking for something with a bit more power, but I haven't really decided on anything yet.

Thanks

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a couple lights such as the 4Sevens Quark and the Jetbeam RRT-0 that will work with both AA and CR123 cells. All you have to do is switch out the body section. I believe the Jetbeam comes with both bodies but you'll have to purchase the Quark 123 or AA body separately.

Also, check out the Solarforce L2i. It's a very flexible light that will take 2 x CR123, 1 x 18650 Lithium Ion, or 3 x AAA with the included battery holder. have the L2i and I've never had the occasion to run 3 X AAA for an extended period (and you probably wouldn't want to with a really high power drop in, however I have tested it and it appeared to produce full brightness with a >3 Amp driver pushing an XML.

EDIT I forgot to mention that you should check the voltage on your drop in for the L2i. Some drop ins won't give you full brightness from <6 volts. Also, some won't like taking more than 4.2.

Last edited:

LG&M

Enlightened
4sevens AA mini works with a AAA. Two of the most common batteries.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak's Night Patrol has several body options, one of which - called a "finger notch" or "tactical" - is truly flexible.

IMG0003-1-1.jpg

It accommodates 2X(R)CR123; 18650; 2XAA; and 2X14500. With the available extensions you can add more AA's. This body also accommodates Peak's FR (First Responder) and SR (Search and Rescue) heads.