Tiablo MA1 Head

harro

Enlightened
Can anyone help me with this? I've got a little MA1 Tiablo ( 1 x AAA ) that gets used every day. Over time, the glass lens has fogged over on the inside with what appears to be a slightly greasy film. While this gives the torch a really smoooooth flood, it has destroyed what little throw the beast?!!.. has.
Has anyone had this problem, or had cause to disassemble the torch, and if so, how did you do it? I cant, for the life of me, see how to get to the inside of the head. Maybe its a sealed head and cant be opened, i dont know??!
Many thanks for your thoughts on this subject in advance.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bezel ring will come off. Try putting it against a rubber soled shoe and twisting. There might be a little glue on it, but it will come off. I've disassembled a few of them.

harro

Enlightened
I tried the shoe, to no avail. Still on the rubber idea, i cut up a couple of bits of old bike inner tube, and got a slight movement in the bezel. Next (cringe ), out came the pliers over the rubber. After a lot of profanaties and sweat it finally unscrewed. The threads were nearly totally covered in glue. I used a thread file and cleaned up both head and bezel threads. The bezel had to be cleaned up with a fingernail emery board after the marks i put in it with the pliers ( through the rubber ). A bit of black modellers paint and clean the lense and back together it went minus glue and a minute drop of 242 Loctite. Beautiful!

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great that you got it off. I guess I was lucky with the 3 I have. One came apart with bare hands.