Sunwayman M10A XP-G R5 AA or Fenix LD10 R5 AA LED Flashlight

stan.forums

Newly Enlightened
any opinions? performance wise they look similar what about build quality and durability?

tonkem

Enlightened
I have an M10A, M20C and M30A. I have been pleased with the quality of the light, but cannot comment on durability as I have not had them that long. I love the M10A for around the house and even taking walks at night. My son has the m30A and he loves the magnetic ring, as do I. I have had surefires and HDS lights to this point, and this is my first foray into Chinese made lights. I have been impressed so far with what I have seen and the output of these lights. Of course, I did not sell my surefires, but I did sell my HDS high cri, and replaced with the M10A for around the house, but I find that I use it on my walks, as the medium(that is said to have a runtime of 10 hrs) is very bright in the dark. I have also ordered a M40a, and hope to have it later this week. I love the fact that they use eneloop rechargeable batteries, except the m20c, as I do not like lithium ion rechargeables.

I guess you can say that I like the Sunwayman lights :)

Tony

Russ Prechtl

Newly Enlightened
I have both and I prefer the M10A. They both have good build quality and durability, but I like the lower low on the M10A and the simple ring mode changing. Simple and foolproof. I like my LD10 as well, but the "bezel tight, bezel loose, click, click" mode changing isn't as nice.

I'll put it this way - I just got a titanium Sunwayman V10R with AA extender. I like my M10A enough to spend the $$$ and buy the fancier upgraded model of it! My Fenix lives in my truck, my Sunwaymans live in my pockets.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The LD10 goes back (L1D before that) for years. It has a longer history than the M10A I would think. Tend to go with what is more proven over time.