Light adjustment ring - V10R Ti

wfturnerm4

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Sunwayman V10R Ti.
It is a beautifully made light and it is definitely made of solid titanium

I do find that the light adjustment ring might be a little loose on my particular version.
I had heard that disassembly of the head and removing some grease from the inner ring, could stiffen the feel of this adjustment ring.
Has anyone felt the need to do this and had any success ?
OR, should I just leave well enough alone ?

Thanks

wfturnerm4

Newly Enlightened
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?310269-Sunwayman-V10R-TI-Neutral-XP-G-Mod

disassembly can be quite a meticulous process

on a side note - I notice there's been an abundance of v10r related threads lately. don't get me wrong though. i love my v10r

I just read through that description and I completely agree with you, it is involved and complicated.
I will live with the light ring the way it came. No worries
Thanks for giving me that link, it was just what I needed to read to realize I'm fine right where I am.

Starchaser

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Sunwayman V10R Ti.
It is a beautifully made light and it is definitely made of solid titanium

I do find that the light adjustment ring might be a little loose on my particular version.

I have the AL V10R, and the control ring is not loose at all. It has good resistance when turning, but very smooth... almost a hydraulic feel to it.

It shouldn't be really loose. If it is... I would just exchange it for another one.

mrlysle

Enlightened
I have the AL V10R, and the control ring is not loose at all. It has good resistance when turning, but very smooth... almost a hydraulic feel to it.

It shouldn't be really loose. If it is... I would just exchange it for another one.

Hi all. Mine is the same as starchasers, except I have the Ti version also. Very smooth. I like it much better than my Nitecore IFE1. Enjoy your light! They really are beautifully machined and finished!

wfturnerm4

Newly Enlightened

Perhaps, loose is not an accurate description. My ring IMO won't hold its position if I handle the light much or put it in my pocket
As an EDC you would want to take it out and turn it on and have it at the same setting as before, yes?
Then again, I may be just too damn picky. But this is with out a doubt a great light.
I only considered this light after reading glowing reviews here on the CPF and that it is a limited production light.

Starchaser

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps, loose is not an accurate description. My ring IMO won't hold its position if I handle the light much or put it in my pocket
As an EDC you would want to take it out and turn it on and have it at the same setting as before, yes?

The control ring should hold its position without a problem. Mine doesn't move, unless I move it, and that is the way it should be.

Your example obviously is not working properly. If I spent that much money, I wouldn't be taking it apart or trying to fix it.

Exchange it for another one while you still can, and ask the dealer to check it before sending out the new one.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?313706-Sunwayman-V10R-Review-A-Layman-s-Perspective&highlight=V10R+review

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?310269-Sunwayman-V10R-TI-Neutral-XP-G-Mod

disassembly can be quite a meticulous process

on a side note - I notice there's been an abundance of v10r related threads lately. don't get me wrong though. i love my v10r

I have two V10R-Ti lights and both of them have perfect control rings and both of them can be disassembled by hand. For those wanting a stiffer feeling control ring I think its a matter of needing more grease or a different type of grease not removing some.

AaronG

Enlightened
I just received my V10R ti but I'm still waiting on cells. My example seems quite loose if you push up while turning. It's fairly stiff if you pull down when turning. Also it's kinda inconsistent. Is this something that will go away once the grease has evened out? Or is it going to be permenantly like that. it is a little annoying.

Any other users have that problem? If so did it go away after awhile?

Thanks,

Aaron

Last edited: