TerraLUX Flashlight

Phil828

Newly Enlightened
I was looking to upgrade my old 3D Maglite to LED and found some various sized TerraLUX LED lamps made for Maglite. But you guys probably already knew that. I also noticed that TerraLUX has a flashlight called the LightStar300 (as in 300 lumens). I have not seen that light discussed here and I was wondering if it is any good. TerraLUX seems to have the technological expertise to make a decent flashlight.

utlgoa

Enlightened
Here's a photo and info....

TerraLUX_LightStar300.jpg

The LightStar300™ is the result of years of electrical engineering and manufacturing experience as well as customer feedback. It features high/ low modes, a recessed tailcap switch (to prevent accidental activation and for increased durability), is available in standard gray and high-visibility orange, and is electronically regulated to ensure constant light output. It has logic built in that makes the LED flicker at the end of battery life to alert the user to change the batteries.
The LightStar300™ provides 300 lumens of light output in high mode, and 100 lumens in low mode. Tested against an incandescent flashlight in TerraLUX's state-of-the-art Labsphere, the light output was shown to be 25 times that of a standard bulb.
TerraLUX flashlights, worklights and flashlight upgrades are available through tool distributors, auto supply shops, hardware stores, police and public safety retailers and online.

Last edited:

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a LightStar300 and should have a review out before the end of the week (will post a link when it's done).

300 lumens is theoretical, OTF is more like 160 lumens. Build quality is pretty good, and the beam is clean and floody, great for close work.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a thread asking about this light a couple or three weeks ago. The general consensus was that it's identical to a couple of other lights on the market, and that the claims of 300 lumens are a bit, um... stretched? And same for the advertised run-time; probably based on the cells being discharged down to like, 10% or so, by which time their isn't going to be much in the way of usable output.

Latest posts