OD G2Zs are shipping

ygbsm

Enlightened
I know this isn't the most exciting news in the SF world, but I just got an OD G2Z that had been backordered for months to add to the black G2Zs I already have.

ygbsm

Enlightened
Josh ... You're most welcome. I wasn't sure anyone would be interested.

Marty ... I got it from a place in Idaho called the Cutleryshoppe -- www.cutleryshoppe.com 800-231-1272. What's your experience with ordering from onestopknifeshop?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
onestop..does a good job and ships quickly if the merchandise is in stock. I originally ordered the OD model in October because onestop showed it in stock but weeks later they show it as a preorder (available next February) so I cancelled.

They are selling the black and OD for $57.99. How much is the cutleryshoppe selling them for?

Marty

ygbsm

Enlightened
Thanks for the info -- I'll have to give them a try.

At the cutleryshoppe, the G2Zs are more expensive -- $60. I was talking to them today about another order and asked about the OD G2Zs -- they said they had a few ODs more in stock.

ygbsm

Enlightened
As a further note, the lanyard SF includes with the OD G2Z is not black or gray, but OD. SF ATD (attention to detail) I guess. The rubber rings and the adjustable parts on the lanyard are still black however.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The OD Lanyard is Z28. I have one on my G2-OD.

The G2Z-OD looks really cool. I'm not a mall ninja but I'm finding Olive Drab Nitrolon to be nicer then standard black. Of course, the best for me will be the Yellow Nitrolon.

Al

ygbsm

Enlightened
Originally posted by Size15s:

The G2Z-OD looks really cool. I'm not a mall ninja but I'm finding Olive Drab Nitrolon to be nicer then standard black. Of course, the best for me will be the Yellow Nitrolon.

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree, the OD does look cool. Also, the color of the AN14-OD matches perfectly.

ygbsm

Enlightened
It's running great. To my admittedly not well trained eyes the output with the P60 using the rechargeable isn't noticeably different to that on 123As. I haven't tried the P61 yet. I like the benefit light weight of the nitrolon given the rechargeable and extra section. I have a 9AN (with a B92), but it's pretty heavy. No B90 type problems with the B65 battery, it appears to hold a charge well. I basically bought the charger kit with camping/hunting in mind as something not too heavy with P6 type output that I could use without cringining about using up expensive 123As (I swear I sometimes can feel the money draining away when I use the 123As) on those mundane chores that don't merit the cost.

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Sure Fire list the P60 runtime as 35 minutes. I've never timed it on the P61 but it goes pretty fast.