Removing the brand name?

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys is there any way you can remove the white logo's on the some parts without damaging the HAII finish ?
Just say I was a snob and I wanted to remove the logo from some lego parts to go on my SF host like in the picture below can it be done ?
Doe anybody know of a wonder chemical that will remove it ?

thanks for any help

William
xxxxxxxx.jpg

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the time logo's are laser engraved which burns off the anodizing, and leaves you with the aluminum surface below that quickly oxidizes leaving you with the white finish. In that case it would be impossible, but you could probably cover it with something with some gun blue type of material. I'm interested in what other ideas.

onetrickpony

Enlightened
How is it printed on? If it's just ink of some kind, try Goof Off, it's basically toluene, xylene, and a few other solvents from pretty high up the distillation tower. It'll take off just about anything.

If it's actually laser etched into the metal, you're going to have to remove all the material around it to get it to the same level, then re-anodize. It's either that or paint it black and hope no one looks too close....

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is it printed on? If it's just ink of some kind, try Goof Off, it's basically toluene, xylene, and a few other solvents from pretty high up the distillation tower. It'll take off just about anything.

If it's actually laser etched into the metal, you're going to have to remove all the material around it to get it to the same level, then re-anodize. It's either that or paint it black and hope no one looks too close....

Looks like it is laser etched I will just have to live with it.
thanks guys

houtex

Enlightened
There is a product ,Birchwood Casey Super Black, comes in a pen. I've used it to black of the ugly white lettering on many products. it fill the engraved areas in well.