CREE Engineer

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in Subway with my son tonight and I looked up from taking a bite of my sub and saw a guy wearing a CREE shirt. Well, the flashaholic in me immediately took over and I ambushed him with the 4 lights I had in my pockets. I showed him my HDS T200, ZL SC60, ZL SC51, and NC EX11.2. He was amazed and named off all the LED's, but didn't have a clue about the lights they were in. I just found it kind of interesting and amusing. He asked me a bunch of questions about my lights and where I got them, and how I knew so much about LED's. I just introduced him to CPF and went back to eating my sub.

Last edited:

mrlysle

Enlightened
Rob, that's cool! It's also cool he could tell you all of the LED's in your lights. Maybe we'll have a new flashaholic with some serious "inside info"! :devil: THAT, would be cool too! BTW, how you liking that EX11.2? I'm really looking hard at one.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob, that's cool! It's also cool he could tell you all of the LED's in your lights. Maybe we'll have a new flashaholic with some serious "inside info"! :devil: THAT, would be cool too! BTW, how you liking that EX11.2? I'm really looking hard at one.

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't have time to get his name and get to know him, but I hope he does check out CPF. I love my EX11.2. Just a nice little, extremely bright EDC with a really great UI. It's a classic as far as I'm concerned. If you want a really nice little not too expensive and easy to use EDC.....I highly recommend this light.

Last edited:

mrlysle

Enlightened
Yeah, unfortunately I didn't have time to get his name and get to know him, but I hope he does check out CPF. I love my EX11.2. Just a nice little, extremely bright EDC with a really great UI. Just a classic as far as I'm concerned. If you want a really nice little not too expensive and easy to use EDC.....I highly recommend this light.

Good to know. Thanks. Yea, I think it'll be in my next order! :naughty:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
CandlePowerForums got a mention on one of the blogs on the Cree website, so at least some of them are aware of this forum.

Very cool that you ran into an employee!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Probably 'cuz he knows what the next 'hot' emitter will be and doesn't want to buy a light that's already outdated, lol.

LOL!! Classic, Kestrel! Thanks for the laugh! :)

It would be really funny if he joined up an chimed in here. I hope he does.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Cree will have something to split the difference between the xm-l & xp-g.
A nice 3mm^2 die.