Surefire LED M6

DM51

Flashaholic
6 posts in 9 months... and in 3 of them you are tearing your hair out on this same question... :ironic:

But never mind, here are 2 possible solutions for you:

1. SF M3LT or M3LT-S
2. Go to the C&M section and see what modders such as LedZep have done.

T45

Enlightened
I think that's a valid question to ask, and it follows the very same question I have about the M3. The short is answer is because Surefire doesn't WANT to, but more than likely it's because they don't anticipate a large market for either model in LED. More's the pity I say.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
There may have been at least a working prototype (discussed in this thread), but even CPFers didn't care - if you read that thread, the majority of posters preferred to bicker and argue about OTF vs emitter lumens. 'What could have been' ended up being just another cr@p thread. All SureFire had to do was read that thread, and no way would they want to bother with making that light after that. :shakehead

jellydonut

Enlightened
All Surefire needs to do is offer an LED tower to replace the Incan. No R & D cost to do a redesign or anything. Seems so simple?

They have updated other models to LED's, but not the M6.
Surefire doesn't do that. They're moving all of their modular, user-friendly designs to sealed head designs.

An M6LT prototype was shown at SHOT this year. It's basically the M6 with the UB3T's head. (more output than the M3LT)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Surefire doesn't do that. They're moving all of their modular, user-friendly designs to sealed head designs.

An M6LT prototype was shown at SHOT this year. It's basically the M6 with the UB3T's head. (more output than the M3LT)

Nevertheless, with budget cutbacks at the most prolific levels in the last 80 years, it would save LE who use this light the cost of the entire unit when a simple drop-in replacement is all that is needed. And, LE I mean local, it seems the Fed's will buy no matter.

I love my M6's they ware my standard bearer of lights, but...for half the price, I have a Malkoff M91 in a 9P taking the over the starring role.

There are quite a bit of M6's in service, and they should let us have an upgrade.

Last edited: