• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Volcan models are in

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using a small QTC in an Eiger for a month or so and it has now just worn out. Basically, it broke in two pieces. I think the Peak idea of building it a shell is a great idea.

Bob, what is the difference between an AA Volcan and an El Capitan? Are the optics the same? Power levels?

Thanks,
eala

DUMDUM

Enlightened
Eala the optic in the Volcan is the same size as the Logan 17mm vs 15mm for the El Cap so it should have longer throw. I just went outside and it really reaches out there.
Bob

whacko

Newly Enlightened
Do you know if there are going to be any brass AA Volcans?

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Curt said in the other thread that is running along about QTCs that there would be both brass and SS.

eala

Curt R

Enlightened
All of our pocket lights will be made in HA, Brass and SS for the
QTC 'pill'. The only power level that will be made from now on
will be the maximum, also known as the #8.

The El Cap is slightly narrower than the Volcan, so it is a little
bit more pocket friendly. We will also be making the the battery
compartments for the 14250 Li-Ion battery.

The Logan will also have a battery compartment for the 17500
Li-Ion battery and it may also be able to use the 14500 Li-Ion battery.

Curt

DUMDUM

Enlightened
The Volcan AAA will be made in only in HA and Brass. Brass will be made in June @$69.95 for AAA single battery size. No SS will be produced in the AAA.
The Volcan AA will be made in HA, Stainless Steel & Brass. I have a few AA in HA now the other metals will be made June.
The Volcan CR2 will be made in limited numbers and only in HA. I have a few now in SS.

Thanks
Bob

archimedes

Flashaholic
The Volcan AAA will be made in only in HA and Brass. Brass will be made in June @$69.95 for AAA single battery size. No SS will be produced in the AAA.
The Volcan AA will be made in HA, Stainless Steel & Brass. I have a few AA in HA now the other metals will be made June.
The Volcan CR2 will be made in limited numbers and only in HA. I have a few now in SS.

Thanks
Bob

This is very useful info ... thanks for the update!

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I don't see any info on how these QTC pills work. Can this work with the temporary switch too?

JA(me)S

Enlightened
What is the tint/bin of the XP-G, and are there options?

- Jas.

edit: see here for potential options.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yeah, just got my Volcan (SS) CR2 today.

For a CR2 light, bigger than I was expecting, but quite bright. Impressive throw for a pocket light. Adjustable output works great, too, smoother than with just the bare QTC. These are a great addition to the Peak line.