• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD** : Custom Sure Fire E1b P60 TIR Drop-in Thrower

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is the Surefire TIR drop-in made in this thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...e-P60-drop-ins

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3176195&postcount=78

It's the drop-in on the left in the picture
2. Surefire E1b p60 drop-in
. 1.4A, 9625 lux @ 1 meter

• E1B head was grind down to retrieve TIR & E-can light engine.
  • E Can grind down to fit solarforce head, since that photo, I have applied copper
  • sleeve like the others with Thermo adhesive applied.
  • Stock E1b cree (Q5? R2? I am not sure) & star was removed & reinstalled on the other side of e-can.
  • E-can & a host reflector holding TIR were both cut down & re-jointed together by JB weld.
  • a P60 Reflected bored to fit TIR from above & JB welded once a perfect focus is achieved.
  • 1.4A 3-mode shinning beam driver installed with copper stepper.
  • This is not a easy mod, took me about 6 hrs grinding/cutting/boring etc.
  • another 4 hrs or so just to adjust focus to achieve perfection on the white wall.
  • I tried this TIR with XPE, XPG & XML on white wall before went back to the stock XRE, becaues I am too picky at beam quality & they did not gave me a perfect beam.
  • This drop in works with single Li-ion only, RCR123, 18350 or 18650.
  • This drop in beat my Surefire E2DL by 25% and has a nice tint & equally perfect beam
  • This drop-in will beat M30/M60 by 200% in throw, and it has a better beam
  • This drop-in use single li-ion like M30 but has L/M/H 3 modes

Giving that M30 cost about $100, and that fact I put silly amount of work (~10 hrs ) into making this amazing drop-in.

It's priced at $119---$109 ---$99 ---$89 $79-SOLD
PP gift . $5 shipping in USA
PP Goods OK, but add 4%.

It's the 1st one on left.
dscf9503.jpg

Left. This drop-in. Right Surefire E2DL
dscf9493b.jpg

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Custom Sure Fire E1b P60 TIR Drop-in Thrower

Hey there,
Presently my spot-throw head is a stock L1 driven on a 17670 in an E2 body. With the TIR and the overdrive, it's super punchy and is my reference for a clean tight beam...even beyond the custom XRE-optic combos. How would you say this drop in would compare? Been looking for a neutral-warm thrower as the L1 head is quite blue.
Wilkey

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Ginseng,

Since I don't have a L1, I dug up a record of some L1 lux vs. E1b here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:eek:PJ94L8go5QJ:www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php%3F189372-SureFire-L1-E1B-Fenix-P2D-Q2-Beam-Shots-amp-LUX!+surefire+L1+lux%401+meter&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

At ~ 3.5 K lux@ 1 meter, the L1 is less than half the lux punch of Surefire E2DL,
since they share the same TIR optics & both are using XRE, L1 & E2DL
should have the same exact beam profile.

Now, this P60 TIR drop-in beat E2DL, at ~10K lux@ 1 meter with identical beam profile.
It should have the same exact beam profile as L1, just a lot brighter, like a L1 on steroids perhaps. Plus, it comes with the convinence of 3 modes.

Other XRE + Optics combos, including Malkoff M30/M60 optics (Khatod 6 degree PMMA optics), can not match Surefire E2DL/E1b/L1 beam quality, this is because Surefire is the only one that uses Topaz (cyclic olefin Co-polymer or COC) to mold the lens.

the others use PMMA or PC mostly. I've had personal experience with using Topaz as the optical polymer of choice for High end injection molded protein Crystallization Plates at my previous job, it's the best & the most expensive optical polymer. So I was very impressed to see that Surefire chose COC for their TIR lens. Which will make their TIR second to none, perhaps only if a TIR made from high quality glass or quartz could be better.

As you can see from the side by side beam, the tint of the spot is more neutral than
My E2DL (which is snow white)
There is no hint of blue, very pleasing to the eyes.

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for that excellent information. You really set a high bar. One last question to confirm it'll work for me: Does it only fit in an E1B or will it go in a 6P/Z2/C2 host?
Wilkey

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are welcome. It won't fit inside of E1b. This is a P60 drop-in, it's meant to go into p60 hosts such as solarforce or surefire 6P/Z2/C2 etc. It is made to be perfect fit to my Solarforce. Some host has smaller drop-in space than solarforce, it might be tight or might not even go in in the first try. If that happens, you can peel off the copper sheet so it will go into slightly tighter hosts. The P60 hosts are very close but not exactly same size. What ever host you end up using, make sure it's snug & put some thermo compound around it to maximize heat transfer from drop-in to flashlight head.

This XRE is driven at 1.4Amp, it is very high amp for XRE especially for P60 size, a perfect thremo transfer is needed to keep it healthy.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Uppppppppppppp, still avail.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

uppppppppppp

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

bumpp....

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Final Reduction for this killer Drop-in-----------$99

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Chongker

Newly Enlightened

VERY nice work, surprised this is still here. The SF optics really are great, and you're probably quite right in saying nothing can really beat them for size/throw. I take it from your description that the LED is no longer easily accessible? It's a pity, because it would be nice to get a neutral XRE in there. All the best with the sale!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!

The tint is toward neutral end of the cool already, not as cool as my E2DL, it's a very nice tint.

The Led was not accessable to begin with, Surefire glued it shot really hard,
after heating/strap wranch etc could not take the head apart, I ended up grinding it open,
destrying the E1b head to get to the
led & TIR lens.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am moving, this got to go $79