New light for security

ajs007

Newly Enlightened
After lots of searching and research i am still at a loss as to what to buy. Im thinking led lenser but things i have read and people i talked to they are not that good but for the specs i want that's all i could find.
I have started work doing security and am looking for a new torch. Main things im looking for are
100 Lumens or above
2 Hrs Run time at full brightness
Secondly
Size: Small enough to fit in a holster on my belt. So 200mmx46mm or smaller
Price is no option as i want a good torch for those specs that will last thats all.

Ok thanks impatiently waiting for your replys hehehehe

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
first you need to find out what type of batteries you want to use.
are you willing to invest in a rechargable batteries, and a charger?

since you mentioned money price is no option. i assume you favor quality with a good lifetime warranty.

if you are willing to go rechargable. I suggest using 18650 li-ion cells.
Malkoff MD2 with a Malkoff drop-in would do nicely. excellent quality from an excellent maker.
or an Oveready bored surefire C2 or Z2 to accept 18650 li-ion.
Check out nailbender for p60 drop-ins. he builts custom drop-ins to your liking.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The above suggestion is a good one. There are many, many options if you want to get into picking your own host, choosing a drop in etc... but the turnkey Malkoff MD2 with the M61 has one of the most desirable hosts and drop ins already put together and available from one place. The quality and reputation of Malkoff's products are second to none and his customer service follows suit.

Lightman2

Enlightened
The Zebra SC51 on second level high offers 100 lumens for 2.4 hrs and that is from 1 x AA total size 80mm long x 22mm

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, welcome to CPF I like flashlights powered by 18650, high runtime and high brightness, this one look very nice, small and easy to use

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultraf...d-flashlight-with-strap-black-1-x-18650-57099

I buy in ebay one like this, but from another seller, I paid 28$ shipped

Item #: 280644027368

I like that this lights use a drop in that you van replace very easy, what I buy use a XM-L cree Led, it a very bright light

ToNIX

Enlightened
Hi, welcome to CPF I like flashlights powered by 18650, high runtime and high brightness, this one look very nice, small and easy to use

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultraf...d-flashlight-with-strap-black-1-x-18650-57099

I buy in ebay one like this, but from another seller, I paid 28$ shipped

Item #: 280644027368

I like that this lights use a drop in that you van replace very easy, what I buy use a XM-L cree Led, it a very bright light

I wouldn't advise getting a "cheap" light for a duty light. With this type of work, you want the light to be reliable.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't advise getting a "cheap" light for a duty light. With this type of work, you want the light to be reliable.

For me cheap in this case dosent mean bad quality, the light what I buy from ebay use the same driver that almost everyone use to drive XM-L Leds, the drop in come very well made and build, the light come with a extra len, I use mine for two months almost every night, some times I have to replace the battery one or two times and continue use it...

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
C4 is a generic name that Streamlight created. The C4 LED system used several different types of LEDs, and the Strion LED has a Cree XR-E.

I got a Strion LED earlier this week (review coming next week...have a little backlog right now), and have to say I really like it. The reflector in it is half orange peel, half smooth, which produces a nice beam.

Burgess

Flashaholic
I dont know if their build his own Leds or their are a reseller from X brands of Leds...

Yes, it certainly can be confusing.

And, it is also mis-leading !

You see . . . .

Streamlight decided to use the moniker of " C4 " to designate *whatever*
brand of fancy new power-LED emitter they manage to obtain for their flashlights.

Regardless of which supplier they obtain a shipment of Emitters from,
Streamlight simply calls it their " C4 " LED.

I (for one) think this practice is Nonsense !
:shakehead:mad:

But, alas, Streamlight never asked me what I think.
:whistle:

Hope this information is useful to you.

herosemblem

Enlightened
I'm very happy with my Streamlight PT2L.
Uses two CR123 batteries, but that's OK since I buy mine buy the 100 ($1 apiece) from batteryjunction.
You might want to invest in rechargeable batteries if you choose this light, but I can't recommend anything about them since I don't know anything about them. All I've personally experienced with rechargeable anything-in-general is that they lose their charge after a few days.

The pocket clip on this light ensures that you will also actually EDC this light outside of work. Also, no need for holster. Light works great when clipped in left-front pocket.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I recommed a bored out 18650 6P with a McClicky with a Nailbender T6 1D 2 level Hi/Lo FTW!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Surefire with a combat grip (C2/3 or a Z2) with a Malkoff drop-in. It will survive things you won't. And yes, for security work, stay way from Deal Extreme.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it certainly can be confusing.

And, it is also mis-leading !

You see . . . .

Streamlight decided to use the moniker of " C4 " to designate *whatever*
brand of fancy new power-LED emitter they manage to obtain for their flashlights.

Regardless of which supplier they obtain a shipment of Emitters from,
Streamlight simply calls it their " C4 " LED.

I (for one) think this practice is Nonsense !
:shakehead:mad:

But, alas, Streamlight never asked me what I think.
:whistle:

Hope this information is useful to you.

I think is almost the same case with Inova, their never say the brand of the Leds, but with a simple view you can see in almost of the lights their use Luxeon...