Streamlight Super Stinger Mod

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I did a quick search but did not find exactly what I am looking for. I was wondering if anyone has done a P7, XML conversion on the ULTRA stinger? Is the plastic lens good enough to handle the conversion?

Thanks

Last edited:

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn, I guess noone out there has done this? BTW, it's the Ultra Stinger, not Super...
In looking at this light, it looks pretty hard to mod. The lens is plastic and glued on. The bulb is placed in there with a special connector and not much space for heatsink. Also the battery is made to have both the + and - on one side, presenting a challenge to building a battery pack of other chemistry.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I ended up selling a Mag C converted to XML by way of a module for less than it would have taken to figure out how to mod the Stinger!

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been toying with that for years, just can't get enough room for a LED heatsink unless I was to create a extended head adapter with heatsink. Seemed like too much labor to build one, and still be able to plug into to the existing bulb pins. Some day I'll figure out a slip-ring setup that can be installed to the pin socket, and contact the threaded heatsink/LED dropin, and screw on the stock head. Someday....

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been toying with that for years, just can't get enough room for a LED heatsink unless I was to create a extended head adapter with heatsink. Seemed like too much labor to build one, and still be able to plug into to the existing bulb pins. Some day I'll figure out a slip-ring setup that can be installed to the pin socket, and contact the threaded heatsink/LED dropin, and screw on the stock head. Someday....

Yeah, it's just too hard to justify doing it when all you have to do is pick up a $15 Maglite at Wal Mart and be done!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Ultra Stinger, no, Stinger HP yes. Difference is 6V & 3.6V. BTW, the Super Stinger is the standard Stinger head with the body length of a Ultra Stinger to use the 5-cell 6V battery.

I forget who but many years ago someone was making custom battery packs. I got a 6V battery pack made the size of the 3 cell sub-c 3.6v pack so it would fit my standard Stinger & used Super Stinger bulbs.

I have built some Stinger HP P7 lights for a couple of LEOs. I also built one for my own personal use which I still use to this day.

From my archive (the very first one I made): Streamlight Stinger HP SSC P7 Mod

Img_3623.jpg

Img_3611.jpg

Img_3596.jpg

Mine is essentially the same but has a DSVNI.

Pics of another one I made:

Img_7660.jpg

Img_7661.jpg

Img_7673.jpg

Img_7687.jpg

Img_7690.jpg

Last edited: