Fenix LD series light

Bullman

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a good 2xAA light to go along with everything else I have and I ran across the Fenix LD 40. I know it isn't a 2xAA light, but it does run on AA. Anyone have any experience with these lights?

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
I just got one and I love it. I actually liked the feel of the body. its not gonna have WAY more output than other 2Xaa's due to its neutral white tint but it has longer runtimes. it has a rather large smooth reflector. it throws very well.

ginaz

Enlightened
i love mine. great tint, well-spaced levels, no blinky modes, solid. it does what i need so well that i haven't been able to pony up for the TK-41

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
there is also a tiny pinhole in the middle of the hotspot. i still love it though

igoman

Newly Enlightened
I have one. Yes the beam is donut with a black dot in the middle. It doesn't bother me outdoors. Neutral white light is great because the colors appear more natural also the throw of this light is good. Its still small enough for me to keep it in my pants pocket. The on off button rattles a bit. Good flashlight overall, too bad it cant tail stand, would be perfect in emergencies to use as a candle because of the long run times.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Same story here. I love mine, and it has the same black dot and mild donut like everyone else. Don't notice it unless I'm white wall hunting. An excellent light overall, highly recommended. I think Fenix should offer an OP reflector option and different color bodies on this model.

mrpink

Newly Enlightened
ill take a blue colored body with a cool tint in a heartbeat. i would like to keep the smooth reflector though. since it kicks @ss. i am really liking the electronic switch and momentary on features.

Bullman

Newly Enlightened
i love mine. great tint, well-spaced levels, no blinky modes, solid. it does what i need so well that i haven't been able to pony up for the TK-41

that TK 41 looks good too, 800 lumens out of something running on AA batteries. I need one.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
So you can't focus out the donut. The rest of it sounds promising though.

It's really not a big deal, IMO. If you're going to use the light outdoors as a thrower, don't let the mild "donut" thing hold you back.

Yeah, the TK41 is a freaking beast, just gotta get lucky on the tint lottery. :hairpull: