Sunwayman M10A and M20A

Napalm

Enlightened
Just received them :twothumbs

Now I'm a n00b, my only other LED flashlight is a Maglite Mini 2AA, but still here are some first impressions:

- looks and finish are exquisite; the Maglite looks primitive when compared
- all parts look carefully designed and very well built, nothing shoddy inside there
- compared to the Maglite, the hotspot is larger but not any less brighter
- the magnetic ring is genius

Verdict: :thumbsup:

Nap.

Last edited:

FL450

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at the M20A, Can't wait for a review. I am interested in the color tint and how low the low setting is. Also can it tail stand without tipping over

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
How is the throw on them both? OP or SMO reflectors? I've been eyeballing both.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Napalm, welcome to CPF!

Those lights are beautiful! Thanks for posting it.

Napalm

Enlightened
Color tint is bluish, but warmer than the Maglite. They both can stand on tail, the button is well recessed. The low setting is very low (3-4 lumens?) good enough for reading a map or providing a "night light" in a room. They have OP reflectors and IMHO they are not designed for throw - the hotspot is larger than the Maglite, and there's some good amount of flood light around it. I guess that this is in line with what someone would expect from 1xAA or 2xAA lights.
As for the finish of the flashlights - it slightly shows in the pic too, the M20A is a little lighter towards a "graphite gray", while the M10A is darker ("graphite black"). The glass also looks nice with a slight tint like the anti-reflective coating on glasses. They're beautiful.

Nap.

Napalm

Enlightened
Beamshots !!! Ok, I'm a n00b and these are my first so you're all allowed to laugh at me. :hahaha:

First row: Sunwayman M10A, medium and high
Second row: Sunwayman M20A, medium and high
Third row: Minimag AA LED, medium and high (it doesn't have a "low").

Nap.