Quick Lens Measurement Question

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the diameter of a Streamlight Stinger lens? I'm going to get a replacement cut from flashlightlens.com

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dunno, how are you going to seperate the bezel from the reflector assembly? I don't think this is going to work...

--dan

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doh!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I thought it would just unscrew. Dangit! Why can't these friggin companies just make things the easy way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

So what you're telling me is it's not possible. How do you replace the lens? Replace the entire bezel? Or is it press fit?

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
I think you need a tool from Streamlight to get it apart. Maybe I'll get a hold of the tool and have people send me their bezels??????

Just noticed - Check the exploded view of the parts in the manual for the Stinger series lights. You'll notice the lens description has an asterisk that points to the note below the list stating, "Special tools required for assembly."

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
flashlightlens.com said:
I think you need a tool from Streamlight to get it apart. Maybe I'll get a hold of the tool and have people send me their bezels??????

[/ QUOTE ] I would send you my bezel for a UCL upgrade!

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
HHHmmm....The reflector may unscrew using a spanner wrench of the appropriate size, to fit the two dimples in the reflector. I'll look into it.

Just as a side note, I've tried taking one apart, and was unsuccessful, but I'm a more calm individual now, and there's more tools out there, other than a pair of Vise-grips! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

--dan

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Here's Streamlight's tool. They want about $80 for it from the factory.

stingertool.gif

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
And how about a Scorpion replacement lens? I managed to melt mine 2 days after finally buying a Scorpion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif No problem with removing and replacing the lens: pop out from the back, using a chopstick, press back in with thumbs (a good thing I'm all thumbs...)

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't get the reflector seperated from the head (on a Stinger). Tried heat, unscrewing, etc...Not sure how it's attached.

--dan

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Scorpion lens is press fit,30mm dia, 1mm thick (as close as I could meassure it: can't find my calipers, so used a depth gauge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I'd really like a glass replacement lens, but I very much doubt it could be "snapped" in without breaking (OTOH, the retaining lip is only half a millimetre, maybe less).
Maybe handfull of plastic lenses, against future mishaps...

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
I received the tool from Streamlight. Here's the verdict:

The Stinger, Stinger XT, and SuperStinger appear to have a press fit reflector - meaning the lens is held in by reflector, which is press fit into the bezel. This looks like the only set of Stingers that may accept a glass lens.

The PolyStinger lens/reflector assembly cannot be dissasembled.

The UltraStinger, Stinger HP, and Stinger XT HP appear to have lenses that press fit in from the front of the bezel. It appears that glass is not possible for these.

Anyone willing to send me your Stinger, Stinger XT, or SuperStinger bezel so I can try out my tool??? PM me.