Long throw light with standard batteries?

Spork

Enlightened
I've been out for a while. Ever since I bought a l2d q5 I haven't had urges to seek out new lights. I finally upgraded to a e05 after my old fenix stopped working so I'm back again shopping.

I am still very happy with the l2d q5. However I would like something with good throw that would allow me to see far out into the woods. I'm only interested in lights that take standard nimh batteries. I was looking at the tk 45 but that seems to be more of a flood light. Maybe I should wait up for the tk70? A smaller light is preferred but not necessary since it won't be edc.

thanks!

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Check out the Fenix TK41 if you want more throw from something in the same size range as the TK45. :thumbsup: Also, the 4xAA LD40 might suit your needs well too.

Last edited:

Spork

Enlightened
I went with the tk41. Its hard to stomach paying $130 for a flashlight but I might as well get the best within reason rather than get the smaller light. I may not even use the l2d anymore since this has the lower modes as well. I will have to be careful not to shine on the neighbors houses :) They probably think I'm odd looking into the woods all the time but I like to watch over my dogs and I hear weird stuff out there at night.