Is my surefire E2e defective?

Viper

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone else have this problem? I have a new E2e, which could easily become my favorite light. But...........

When I line up the 2 "lock out dots" on the tail cap, the light will not fire. I have to turn it 90 degrees past the centerline in order to be able to momentary fire.

This isn't so with my 6P or M3, the dots are dead nuts on. I wonder what other peoples comments are before I call surefire. For the price you pay, it seems they should line up.

Viper

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Viper:
Does anyone else have this problem? I have a new E2e, which could easily become my favorite light. But...........

When I line up the 2 "lock out dots" on the tail cap, the light will not fire. I have to turn it 90 degrees past the centerline in order to be able to momentary fire.

This isn't so with my 6P or M3, the dots are dead nuts on. I wonder what other peoples comments are before I call surefire. For the price you pay, it seems they should line up.

Viper
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Viper,

I understand your concern, but frankly, with all the many Surefire lights and accessories I own, including several E2's and E2e's, that has never been an issue for me.

The reason it hasn't been an issue is simply because I never look or check, but go purely by feel and function. I'm aware that the exact point at which a tailcap locks out is variable from one light to another, regardless of what the manufacturer may say.

My suggestion to you would be to get used to the light. Feel how many turns or partial turns it takes to lock it out or not. I always take mine perhaps a full revolution past the functional (not the visual)lockout point to be on the safe side. If you play with the light and familiarize yourself with it I believe this will become a non-issue, unless your light is truly defective, which I strongly doubt.

Two helpful questions to ask yourself:

1) Can I lock it out securely?
2) Can I adjust it to fire reliably at my preferred tension?

If the answer to these questions is "yes" then your E2e is perfectly normal and should be the source of many years of practical use and enjoyment.

Brightnorm

nihraguk

Enlightened
yea basically for most people the dots merely serve as an indicator of the relative position of the tailcap to the barrel of the flashlight.

Latest posts