SF G2 lamp assembly

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes.

It will take the the P90/P90 if you add an old A19 body extender to hold a third SF123A battery.

It will take the R30 if you use a Z20 battery spacer so that the G2 only has a single SF123A battery.

Of course, once you swap the G2 bezel for a TurboHead, running off two SF123A's it powers the N1 lamp.

Using the old A19 and TurboHead you can power the N2, MN15 or MN16 from three SF123A's.

If you add an AN14 body extender to house the B65 NiCad battery stick can power the old R60 or now the current P60/P61. With a TurboHead on, the B65 NiCad powers the N4 lamp.

I hope this helps?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
It will take the the P90/P90 if you add an old A19 body extender to hold a third SF123A battery.

It will take the R30 if you use a Z20 battery spacer so that the G2 only has a single SF123A battery.

Of course, once you swap the G2 bezel for a TurboHead, running off two SF123A's it powers the N1 lamp.

Using the old A19 and TurboHead you can power the N2, MN15 or MN16 from three SF123A's.

If you add an AN14 body extender to house the B65 NiCad battery stick can power the old R60 or now the current P60/P61. With a TurboHead on, the B65 NiCad powers the N4 lamp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! These Surefires are more fun than a Mr. Potatohead. All the possibilities. Will the KL3 work on my G2? I'm supposing it will, but since their site didn't specifically list it among the compatible models I thought I'd make sure.

BC

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
hawkhkg11 said:
Yes the KL3 fits the G2...there is a really ugly picture of it somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In all fairness to the rather Baroque-looking KL3, I find that the best color/cosmetic match is with the G2's Nitrolon body. However it still ain't pretty. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brightnorm

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what purpose you have for using a different LA in the G2. I'm using a Pila 3.7v LA with a rechargeable batt. The LA puts out 80 lumens and is brighter than the P60, but not quit as bright as the P61. Do not use the 3.7v LA with two 123's, it WILL flashbulb on you.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
[ QUOTE ]
hawkhkg11 said:
Yes the KL3 fits the G2...there is a really ugly picture of it somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...the rather Baroque-looking KL3...

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That was funny. I like all those fins and scallops and flying buttresses. Looks like something Ripley should have had on the Nostromo.

Al sent me some great photos of some of the "plug'n'play" options for the G2.

The G2 is a great light in and of itself, but it's also an inexpensive platform for all kinds of "shade-tree mechanic" modifications that don't require much more than the knowledge of "lefty-loosey, righty-tighty".

That's a good thing for this ape. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC

stephenanderson2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks s15s, for the email too! lots of choices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif guess I'll have to get a bunch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Any one know where to get an old a19 tc?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks guys!

One day... One day I will get these photos online...
It's just I have a lot of photos of SureFires. Not as many as Shelby Chan of course!

I only touched on the options for the G2 in those emails. I didn't mention things like the F21 that you can use on the G2...

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6pOriginal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
stephenanderson2 said:
Any one know where to get an old a19 tc?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I saw one on ebay couple days ago, it's a new one, but it was at around $8 only, I think the auction may be still on, so you may want to do a search on ebay.