new microstream c4

blue dog

Newly Enlightened
Lost my old microstream and saw that they have a new version with 28 lumens, could not find it anywhere so i called streamlight, they said the new version will be shipping and hitting the stores in June or July. Just giving an update for those that care.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
It's nice to see that they are going to upgrade the Stylus Pro and the Microstream.

But they still won't be anywhere near as bright as the Preons..

LazyJ

Newly Enlightened
The C4 version has been on their website since January! I called them a couple weeks ago and got the same answer, late June. They also told me what was taking so long was they wanted to get the regulation perfect.

Being impatient, I bought a $6 Nebo CSI Edge 1aa to tide me over and I really like it. Tail clicky, tailstands, stout reversible clip, and a rubber grip ring making it the only light I've ever felt good about holding in my teeth.

blue dog

Newly Enlightened
My microstream served me well as a edc light, never had any issues with it and i really do not need a bizillion lumens. The tail clicky is one thing that i really like about it. Anyway, it served my needs perfectly, small, durable, simple and built well.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Oh, I agree. It's a great light.

But a bump to 28 lumens is not something for SL to write home about when everyone else is blowing by them at warp speed..

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Necro-bump!

The focused nature of the beam means the output will look brighter than the number rating would otherwise suggest. The improved run time, while not great, is also a nice touch.

What I do like is the two-way pocket clip - especially if it's as tough as the first generation pocket clips. And if the price point is close to the first generation model, I'll cheerfully clip it to my hat and not wail in angst if it happens to get lost in the process.

-Trevor

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Necro-bump!

The focused nature of the beam means the output will look brighter than the number rating would otherwise suggest. The improved run time, while not great, is also a nice touch.

What I do like is the two-way pocket clip - especially if it's as tough as the first generation pocket clips. And if the price point is close to the first generation model, I'll cheerfully clip it to my hat and not wail in angst if it happens to get lost in the process.

-Trevor

Streamlight really knows how to get the most out of a small reflector.

MicroStream uses a smooth reflector, yet still produces a smooth beam with much more throw than comparable lights in the 1AAA category.

I'm happy with Streamlights decision to slightly bump up the output while providing a major increase in runtime.

My biggest gripe with the original MicroStream was that the clip wasn't easily reversible for use on a hat brim. The new version's two way clip is a big advance, at least for those people who habitually wear baseball caps. ;>

Brightguy lists the new version for 17 bucks:
http://www.brightguy.com/products/Streamlight_MicroStream_LED_Flashlight.php
which is about what the old version sold for.

Can be found at many places for 15 to 20 bucks, and maybe cheaper if you search around.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did somebody experience the new 28-lumens MICROSTREAM yet ? No words yet ...

I received a new C4 version Microstream today, but it is still daylight and I want to test it at night.

So far, I compared it with the 1st generation 24 lumen Stylus Pro indoors. The new Microstream has a larger hot spot with somewhat rough edges, but a slight donut hole (i.e., a small, slight dark spot in the center of the beam). There appears to be a narrow line artifact corresponding to a bond wire. The reflector is smooth.

The rubber tail cap cover is replaceable and, like the new Stylus Pro, a spare cover is furnished with the light. A neck lanyard with break away connectors is included, too.

Last edited: