Lens advise for solarforce A001 bezzel

pee10755

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a great lego light with a high power drop-in. I need to get a lens for the bezzel to protect the optics. I want to get a UCL lens from flashligh lens . com but I don't know the exact size requried. I see that they have a glass lens on the solarforce sight, but I don't think it is as good as the ULC. Does anyone know the exact size of the lens for that bezzel? Thanks by flashlight brothers and sisters.

Hrvoje

Newly Enlightened
28 mm. KD 28 mm AR coated lenses are pretty good. You can also use UCL 28.6 x 1.83 mm lens on Solarforce bezels.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Check out flashlightlens.com. They have some charts with mm sizes, and sell UCL glass.

Bill

shilent

Newly Enlightened
28 mm. KD 28 mm AR coated lenses are pretty good. You can also use UCL 28.6 x 1.83 mm lens on Solarforce bezels.

Could someone confirm that a 28.6 x 1.83mm lens fits great on a Solarforce A001? The reason I ask is my Solarforce L2M SS is slightly bigger, and the lens from my L2P doesn't fit right on my L2M SS. Even though I can center it, water leaks into it.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
28.6mm is too big, 28mm is the size you need. In the past I have purchased the 28.6mm Hardcoat Acrylic lens and have filed them down by hand to 28mm. This was all before I found out you can custom order the acrylic hardcoat lenses:ohgeez:. If you add the 28.6mm acrylic hardcoat lens to your cart leave a message in the comments section of your order for the desired reduced size. You can always contact Chris via email if you have any questions, he has been very helpful in answering questions I have had for him.

It isn't too practical for a custom UCL size that isn't listed (minimum 100 qty order). I like the hardcoat acrylic lenses better becase it is more impact resistant compared to a UCL. Only main drawback IMO is you need a cleaner specifically designed to clean plastics like acrylic (dont use windex).