Looking for metal head for my surefire g2 will this work

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it will work just fine. I have never ordered from sbflashlights but I hear good things.
I order my solarforce things from lighthound.com

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head will fit your G2 and sbflashlights.com is a good company. I've ordered from them several times. The G2 body won't stand as much force as an aluminum body if you intend to actually strike something!

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might I suggest ordering the Solarforce L2P in Black for $20 (lighthound). It's an entire host in HA III which is not glossy and more durable. You can use the head (which will look better on the G2 than the glossy head) and resell the body/tail on CPFMarketplace. I personally just don't like the look of a glossy head on a nice Nitrolon matte black body.

herosemblem

Enlightened
I have this.

It works just fine.
However, it is terribly ugly. (Most people will claim that looks don't and shouldn't factor into a decision, but they are lying. If a light functions superbly, but makes me want to hurl when I look at it, I will probably not buy it). The finish is glossy and you can scratch it off with your fingernail. The crenelations on the bezel are sharp and can be used for digging. If you use the light with the crenelations unscrewed, then the light is pretty ugly-looking.
I would not recommend it, unfortunately. Ugly, and the finish scratches right off.

fortyfiveautomatic

Newly Enlightened
I have this.

It works just fine.
However, it is terribly ugly. (Most people will claim that looks don't and shouldn't factor into a decision, but they are lying. If a light functions superbly, but makes me want to hurl when I look at it, I will probably not buy it). The finish is glossy and you can scratch it off with your fingernail. The crenelations on the bezel are sharp and can be used for digging. If you use the light with the crenelations unscrewed, then the light is pretty ugly-looking.
I would not recommend it, unfortunately. Ugly, and the finish scratches right off.

I thought the finish was supposed to be type 2 hard anodizing?

and you can combine that head with this bezel:

http://www.sbflashlights.com/Solarf...utm_source=google-shopping&utm_medium=organic

to make it less ugly :)