A stubby Mag C

powerup93

Newly Enlightened
Just messing around. I wanted a shortttt mag and now I do...in a nice tan/desert color.

P1050412.jpg

P1050408.jpg

Look at the compactness of it. I'm fairly happy.

powerup93

Newly Enlightened
P1050410.jpg

Just messing around. I've got three 5000k XM-L's in there...attached to a very stout mass of copper. I was trying to drill holes for pressure screws but my bits keep giving up....so I gave up and quasi-epoxied them. I might get a rocker switch because I don't think the stocdk switch is reliable at 6A (it flickers occassionally and doesn't work normally as it should).

EDIT: I just tested a hot off the charger AW IMR and it hit over 8A!. Kewl

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's Bad Ask! I just built a tripple XM-L too, it's definitely a wall of light. Is that Cerakote?

powerup93

Newly Enlightened
hehhe, I'll never tell.

NOT, it's simply Rustoleum spray in "putty" color. I wanted to get it cerakoted, but ugh, this sucker is fairly front heavy and I feel it will get dropped a bit. I'll prob strip it back to its regular anodize...OR properly primer the sucker and make several coats.

powerup93

Newly Enlightened
I filed away the threads in the head and also cut the body down. The lens is a simple glass unit from DX. I will probably get a better lens at some point.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the front view. All those XM-Ls and copper heatsink.....awesome. Great job.

40 watts of XM-L power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigC