Wonder what kind of lights Seal Team 6 was using when they got UBL?

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet it was night vision goggles in dark and Surefires when they needed light.

But I would love to know which models...

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given that alot of Surefires lights/Weaponlights designs came at the request of US Special Forces (Seals/Delta), I'm sure they had a Surefire or two on there weapon...and probably 6PN's on there person.

Xacto

Enlightened
Although I really, really doubt it, but in case a Kroma Milspec was involved, it would boost my appreciaction for my Kroma even more. ;-)

Cheers
Thorsten

curtispdx

Enlightened
NVG's for the tactical advantage. A bright light would give their position away too easily.

I think I read an early article about them not using NVG's because they didn't want to worry about transitioning between light and dark but who knows how accurate that information is.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
NVG's for the tactical advantage. A bright light would give their position away too easily.

Yeah...once they got there, they weren't exactly trying to be stealthy...and going in to "apprehend" (with the other option "as/if needed"), I'm pretty sure they had lights as a force multiplier/positive target ID. NVG's are good for observation, but once doors start getting kicked in, they're too much of a liability (A direct stare at a gun flash 5ft away with NVG's, and your blinded). Probably had them on going in, but once the pieces were inplace, they probably went to low-light tactics.

Why not just ask UBL??? Oh wait...

With that being said, what was the last thing that went through Bin Ladens mind?

A) JIHAD!!! :anyone:
B) Yes! I will die a martyr! :bow:
C) Man, that's one bright light! Must be an M962! :duck:
D) A round of 5.56mm :xyxgun:

Correct Answer: D :eeew:

Last edited: